1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What yall think i shoud do?

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by honda813, Aug 6, 2011.

1. honda813

honda813 New Member

hey everyone, this is the first time ive posted anything.
    i have a 2004 black silverado extended cab z71, its basically stock except for some sidesteps.
    i am wanting to put some new wheels and tires on it, and was wanting to know what some wheels everyone thinks would look good on it, i prefer black, cause im not too crazy about chrome, but maybe black wheels with some chrome in them?
    then was also thinking about putting the SS front bumper on it, and blacking it out, would that look good or should i keep the chrome bumpers?

would really appreciate the help.
    thanks
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. I think black whhels would look good, I'm thinking of putting a black wheel on my truck. Alot depends on what "Look" you want, off-road, street look or a "Mall Cruiser".
  3. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the club. I think black rims would love good. Personally I would go for BMF wheels ( http://www.bmfwheels.com/wheels.html ) I love the look of them on a black truck. But I am not really a fan of the whole blacked out look so I would keep the chrome bumper with a black grill and a chrome bowtie, IMO.
  4. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

5. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Sorry I have no prefrence for black wheels, but you have some good leads from op's
  6. BigMike2011

BigMike2011 Member

alot of people run Nittos, Bf Goodrich's, or mickey thompsons on their z71. Gives it that nice offroad look :great:
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

AmericanRacingWheels ATX series has a new wheel called the Ledge that comes in black teflon. I like it.
  8. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Don't like black wheels, and you need to decide what look, off-road or street because the SS bumper won't look right on an off road truck. If you do go with black wheels at least consider a polished lip to break up the monotony of all the black.
  9. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the club!! i agree with adam have a lip of something else in the wheel if you get a black one, not only will you break up the all black but i think it looks sick if you get the right looking wheel
  10. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!