What year of Tahoe do I need?

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by TibFreak, Apr 23, 2010.

1. TibFreak

TibFreak New Member

Ok, guys, I know I am new here, but I need a little help.

My wife is wanting a Tahoe(2000-2006 body style). And she is wanting it to look a specific way.

One, she wants one with the rear lift gate, NOT the swing doors.

Two, she wants it to not to have these stupid looking things above the taillights.(picture included :) )
    I have seen some with out them, but most of the pics that I Google seem to have them.
    [​IMG]

Those are the two simple things. So what year(s) do I need to be looking for to get the lift gate and not have the black stuff above the taillights?

I have not a clue as to whether or not it is certain models of the tahoe that have these things, or whether it is different years that have them.

Any help is deeply appreciated, I know alot about the cars I own, just not a Tahoe.

I also think I know the answer to this one, but is it only the Z71 models that have the fender flares?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  2. TibFreak

TibFreak New Member

It seems that if the black stuff is not above the taillights, it should just be whatever the color of Tahoe it is.

3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I dont think they make the barn doors on tahoes since the redisgn in 2000 1/2, at least I have never seen one, also the things that are circled in your pic, they are on all tahoes/suburbans, its for defusing the wind properly, i would get a Z71 tahoe though, I think those ones are at least body colored along with the bumpers, fender flares are just optioned but they are standard for the Z71s

4. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Man, that is a good question! I'm not sure what year you need to look for! Good luck, and I hope someone here will have a answer for you soon on this!:glasses:

5. TibFreak

TibFreak New Member

Pretty sure that the black "air diffusers" are not on all of them. I thought I just looked at a picture of one earlier without them. I am searching at the moment on Ebay for pics of one. I might be wrong.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  6. TibFreak

TibFreak New Member

7. TibFreak

TibFreak New Member

8. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Like I said they all have them.;-)

9. TibFreak

TibFreak New Member

10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts