1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

what years? Chevy s10 question.

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by 5speedsilverado, Jun 9, 2009.

1. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

does any body know the year range on this style of s10?? my dad wants another project that me and him could work on

[​IMG]

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If I remember right it's late 1998, until 2004 when they stopped making them. I have a 2001 BTW, I can help with some stuff but not much. :lol:

3. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Without doing any research I would say S-10 bodies looked like that through most of the 90's. I had a 95 that I had on bags with a 350 in it and the body looked just like that one. You can come by those pretty cheap too. S-10's were great selling trucks in their time. Good luck. I do know that they had the ZX2 or ZX4 I forget what they're called but they already had an offroad package on them which would make it easier to buggy if that's what you wanted to do.

-Greg

4. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Ok after looking at some google images it looks like 94 was when they first rounded out the body and got away from the square headlight housing with those round headlights in them. This style remained pretty much unchanged until 2004 when they discontinued the S-10. Hope that's what you're looking for.

-Greg

5. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Amy is correct, that is a 98-04. The ones before them had the sealed beam headlights and the square dash.

6. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

thanks for the replies that was what i was looking for, and idk if it will be 4wd or 2wd

7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I was thinking about what CrackumsGT said, and he also could be right about the front end. You will see a lot of people with S-10's that will swap the front ends out, so you could find a 94 or 95 with the newer front end on it. Go by the Vin# just to make sure you don't end up with one that has been modified, If you do buy a 4x4 you will probably end up getting the ZR2 and those are hard to find without being totally trashed out or a ton of miles. All in all a very easy truck to modify, because parts are so cheap it's not even funny.