1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What your opinion on the new Ford EcoBoost

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Conlan Rose, Jan 8, 2012.

1. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Watch the news today, GM made an official statement they wont be attempting to increase their market share, they want to concentrate on being profitable, what this means to you and mea the present Chevy owners I dont know.
    But I would guess new technology will suffer, I suspect they'll be taking a long hard look at the product line and only the very profitable models will make the cut, speciality, and marginal sales modelsout the door.
    This could mean bad news for some of the hotrod Cameros and high end trucks, their profit margin isnt as good, the Volt may be affected to, but this is all a guess on my part.
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

personally i dont think they will cut volt since the huge amount of money it cost to develop it. also camero is a really good selling car at the moment and they wont cut any of the truck line because they are the most profitable vehicles they make.
  3. grape2

grape2 New Member

Read an article the other day stating GM profit on vehicles was less than Ford and Ram. I think it was like 5.62 per cent while the other were 7 to 10 percent. Most likely means less model available instead of an almost unlimited selection. Two electric models have been dropped for 2012 by imports. The Volt has not been well received and they took dealer demonstrators and put them up for sale to increase the sales total.
  4. Conlan Rose

well this is also because the ford and dodge trucks cost more money then chevy trucks do. even if you go all out with all same options, ive checked with build your own on all the sites.
  5. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

Sounds like another bail out is in the future.
    They already dumped Olds and Pontiac, then Saturn. Other than Chevrolet they kept all the high end cars , Buicks and Cadillacs maybe the wealthy arent buying new cars right now and the poor cant afford to now.
  6. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Look at the lack of techology that they have added since the redo in 2007. It has been 5 years, so the cost to develop the GM trucks has more than paid off, and when they do a redesign (when is the key word) the prices will increase. Ford offers alot for your money, and dodge well, i just wont ever be buying another Chrysler product thanks to the massive rust issues my truck has amongst other things.
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

This x 2. :great:
  8. Conlan Rose

on the tech thing chevy announced that they were going to make 7" touch screens standard on all models except the very base ones like the wt and ls1 as well as bluetooth, powermat chargers and chevy mylink. they announced this a couple months ago. they also are working possible deal with verizon to use their 4G LTE in their mobile internet service similar to what the original onstar deal since onstar uses verizons cdma 3G network.
  9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Bluetooth, and Chevy Mylink are there already, my understanding is if you have the OnStar buttons you may already have Bluetooth capability but its not activated on all models. Verizon phones have always had the capability to work through the OnStar system sort of like Bluetooth but again you have to get it properly activated.
  10. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

I was refering to engine technology, etc. Gm has been trailing their competitors for a long time. I dont get into all the tech, but well if i spend money on something you better believe i want it to help the resale.