whats a good mud terrain tire

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by kwalls22, May 11, 2010.

1. kwalls22

kwalls22 Rockstar

i want to order new tires for my truck im planning on gettin a mud terrain tire. I was just wondering what tires you guys have run and how they hold up on the road. I want to get something that will last for a good amount of time on the road as well as being fairly quiet. Thanks in advance. [​IMG][/IMG]

2. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

A Cooper Discoverer ST is a great all around mud tire. Has pretty agressive tread but is fairly quiet and you can squeeze about 70,000 miles out of them.

3. 99ChevyZ71

99ChevyZ71 Rockstar

x2 and the stt is suppose to be good

4. Greg84

Greg84 Rockstar 100 Posts

I've got the cooper STT's, they're great on dry pavement, mud, and snow. On wet pavement though they're horrible! I didn't notice it so much last year, but now after putting 15,000 miles on them its pretty bad. I had the older design STT's on a truck about 4 years ago and never had a problem. Otherwise they're fine, they look great, a little noisy but not bad for a mud tire (you definitely can hear them humming while driving, its not dead silent like the stock tires), and they seem to be wearing pretty good. Judging from how much they've worn so far I'd guess I'll get 40,000 miles out of them.

5. gator_silverado

gator_silverado New Member

I got the cooper discovery stt, but they do make a little bit of noise on the highway

Attached Files:

6. chucknorris

chucknorris Rockstar 100 Posts

i perfer toyo mts... great looking and handlingtread, faily quite and also can get 50k plus miles and u couldnt go wrong with bfgoodrich mt looks great and quite as well

7. chevymanlobo

chevymanlobo Rockstar

x2 i like the toyo mts as well, they look really good and they arent that loud

8. Corins

Corins Member

I'm liking my Toyo's, while I was at the shop getting them mounted and balanced on my rims I had a couple people tell me how great they look.

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  9. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have a set of Dunlop Rover M/T Maxx Traction, love them

10. kburb

kburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

one of the 4x4 mags just tested 5 or 6 33 inchmud tires and said the MTZ was the best of the tested tires. I have had a set and they are pretty quiet on the road. I think Cooper makes Mickey Thompson tire anyway.