"What's happening"

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by '94_Chevy_Step, Dec 27, 2009.

1. '94_Chevy_Step

'94_Chevy_Step New Member

everyone!! Brand new here to the board, so I'll introduce myself a bit. I've been in the USAF for about 11 1/2 years now. I am a C-130 Flight Engineer and just started this career path. Before this I was a C-130 Crew Chief. Loved working them, but time to start flying on them! I am married to my wanderful wife of 10 years with two boys ages 4 and 3 (keep me on my toes all the time!!).

Anyway, we finally got stationed back here in Arkansas after 7 years away. We were stationed here from '99-'02 (Little Rock AFB). I missed the place and since I retrained it was time to get back and plant some roots. We bought a house in Austin, Ar and love it! Gotta nice two car garage to handle my stuff, so I'm looking forward to that. I just bought a '94 Chevy C-15 Stepside 4 months ago and love the thing!! I used to have a '92 3/4 ton and thought it couldn't get any better, but this thing is a comfortable truck that is a daily driver. I have many plans for it, but money and time is what I need (sound familiar). I need to get another car to sideline this one.

Well, I need to get off here. If anyone lives in the Cabot area and would like to shoot the sh!@, me a reply. Later on and I should be a regular on here.

Dave:rofl:...LOL!! Love this one!

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

:sign0016:To the Site....Thank you for your Service.......:glasses:

3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site and THANKS for your service!!! Hope you and yours had a great Christmas and will have a better New Year! If you don't mind I will move your first "post" to the "Memebers Introduction" so more folks might give you a shout.

4. '94_Chevy_Step

Thanks...

sorry 'bout that, I guess I should've started there first. Hope you all had a great Christmas as well and a better New Year!!

retired 2001...I was down in San Antonio for about two months (Aug-Oct) and did some fishing at Choke Canyon. I loved that area down there and the Lake was awesome!! I know Canyon Lake is close by, but never made it over there. Have a Happy New year!!

5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome aboard.
    My dad was a U.S. Air Force C-130 Crew Chief, Flight Engineer, then enlisted Navigator from the mid 50's until he retired in 74.
    I was a U.S. Navy C-130 Crew Chief in VRC-40, then In Flight Engineer in VXE-4 on the ice cap for two years untill I transfered to Locheed operations in Marietta, Georgia to work on the C-130J where we converted the Flight Deck to a two person crew.
    Enjoy it while your in, once you get out you'll miss it a lot.

6. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! I just hit 13 years in the Air Force. I'm currently stationed at Seymour Johnson AFB, NC and was at Edwards AFB, CA before this.

7. '94_Chevy_Step

Appreciate...

the welcome! Thanks ya'll and look forward to get'n in on some discussions!

8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the club!

I wish I wouldn't have been born brain damaged, I wanted to join the Air Force or Navy so bad! I couldn't apps the physical evaluation, but I guess they don't want damaged goods LOL! Thank you for your service, and I know you'll enjoy this club a lot! :happy:

9. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the forum!!

10. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses: Glad to have you here!