1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Whats it worth?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by easyrider, Feb 1, 2014.

1. easyrider

easyrider New Member

lets just say I paid to much. I bought it from a dealer in texas who totally talked smack. the truck itself is mint. you could eat of the frames. But since I have received it. transfer case is howling..rebuild or replace. fuel leak under the plentium. right side wheel bearing is bad. The rear tires are shot. so when its all said and done I have lost money but have a really clean burban..

- - - Updated - - -

my plan was to put it all back to OEM.. but leave the lift. the bull bar will go along with the hood and tires and wheels. prob go with factory 2500 truck wheel 2000-06. then wrap them it 275 or 285/75/16.. it also has a huge rear bumper similar to the front that will go away as well.

I bought the truck cause of how clean it is but now with the mechanical issues it kinda threw a wrench in the spoke..
  2. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well-the body-and the MONSTER MOTOR- they are what give it worth
    You just can't find bodies like that where you are-not for any price
    Mechanical stuff-cost $$ of course
    but rusted frame floor or where shocks mount- just can't really be "FIXED" right
    dealer was a thief of course-all dealers are-but good body and the monster motor
    are things you can't easily buy-not that many 454 left-
    and a 15 year old super clean body and frame....great paint....

Dealer sucks of course-who was it-make sure folks KNOW he is a freakin' thief
    Motor run OK?? No funny noises-not using oil-transmission shift ok-fluid look smell OK?
  3. easyrider

easyrider New Member

heres some pics of the frame and what not

20140206_111117.jpg 20140206_111129.jpg 20140206_111145.jpg 20140206_111249.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

motor runs great and everything else is perfect.. I agree with you about the cosmetics.. just sucks I have to put a ton of money and work in it right off the cuff
  4. phoebeisis

Nice shape!!
  5. easyrider

easyrider New Member

welp...very short lived. it burned to the ground today.. 20140210_100228.jpg 20140210_102254.jpg 20140210_102417.jpg
  6. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

That absolutely sucks. Do you know what may have caused it?
  7. phoebeisis

WT Heck??
    Maybe it would be worth buying back from the insurance company-
    Nice body-perhaps worth $300??
    Motor-might be ok?
  8. zuki82

zuki82 Member 100 Posts

OMG!!!!!!! I got tears in my eyes!! That's total FUBAR!!! What is the cause?