Whats the best chip or programmer?

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by chrismx104, Nov 30, 2009.

1. chrismx104

chrismx104 New Member

What would anyone recommend for a chip or programmer for my chevy silverado truck? I already have a k&n cold air intake, throttle body spacer, dual exhaust straight piped.
  2. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 New Member

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses: I don't have one, but I'm sure there are a few members that have them! I'm sure you will get some feedback quick!
  3. I like the Diablo Predator because after you install there standard tune (87,91 or 93octane) you can than fine tune the engine and tranny. One of the biggest performance increase came when I dialed in the Long Term Fuel Trims (also known as injecter slope) After you make your adjustments you can go to the live data and check for engine knock. There website doesnt show everything you can do with there programmer. Go to there GM forum, its long but you can find all sorts of tuning info. You can adjust the tranny shift firmness and shift quickness. I run the 87 tune and added ignition timing, adjusted the Long Term Fuel Trim, turned off the rear O2s, adjusted tranny to the firmess shifts and quickest shifts, changed tire and gear size and changed my shift points. It takes time to dial in but its worth it.
  4. retired2001

retired2001 New Member

Welcome to the site! I've used the "Hypertec" on a '96 I had and it worked well. I have not tried one on my '04, but I'm sure you'll get some more input.
  5. BLK-Z71

BLK-Z71 New Member

i had a Hypertech in my 97 and it was ok but not what you'd expect to get for 400 bones:grrrrrr:
  6. GMPartsClub

GMPartsClub New Member

7. silverlight

silverlight New Member

I use HPTuners. I've only used it to adjust the basics, AFR, Timing, Fuel Trims, Torque Management. There is so much more to it though.
  8. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member

Welcome to the site!