What's the Best fuel injector cleaner

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by tahoelegend, Sep 16, 2005.

1. tahoelegend

tahoelegend Member

What is the best fuel injector cleaner you used? I picked up some of my old favorite, duralube fuel injector cleaner for $4.50 usually cost about $11 a can. Haven't seen it at the auto shops in years.

I also like BG 44k that's a pretty good product too. just dropped a can in mines last nigth, duralube. I felt the difference soon after I dropped it in, and loved how it last for like 3 months
    That bg cost like $20 a can bought some at the dealer once. But those are my two favorites.

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I've heard mixed results, some people just say to get good gas with the good additives and you don't have to worry about the cleaner.

Walmart runs gas stations now, they let you put this stuff into the tank for an extra charge.

3. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

I dunno, it's not much money and the payoff seems to be good. I just go buy whatever's on sale at AutoZone and put it in like every 3 months or whaterver.

4. 99yukon

99yukon New Member

cleaner

Lucas products makes a good fuel system addative. You just have to be sure that your gas tank is all the way full when you use it. It burns really hot and I could feel a difference. It cost about $4 a bottle and treats 25 gallons.

5. tahoelegend

tahoelegend Member

See when you put gas in even though it has detergents and additives it still
    burns soon as its fired up in the system. and still clogs injectors.. some have to many detergents and can evenutuly mess up stuff in the long run..

So that's why its good to put something in there to clean the entire fuel system.
    I think that dag on lucus stuff made my egr valve mess up on my legend.
    I think the more you spend the better the product, something like $2 is good. but something that cost $10 is a whole lot better and longer lasting.
    check out bg products http://www.bgprod.com/products/fuelair.html

6. 99yukon

99yukon New Member

very true

At the dealer thats all we used was BG products. They made all of the cleaners for our oil and transmission flushing machine. We also used a kit from 3M that you hooked to your fuel line and ran your engine off of. Im not sure if its available to the public but that was some good stuff. I used it on cars that barely ran when they came in and after using that they went out the door running like brand new. I will check to see if it is available. Its a little expensive but definately worth it.

P.S. I have been using the Lucas stuff for years now and never had any problems with it.

7. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

Lucas or BG? Never heard of either of them. Where do you get them?

8. tahoelegend

tahoelegend Member

you can order it from here or some dealers sell them
    heres the link http://www.bgprod.com/products/fuelair.html
    I also heard that napa sold BG.. lucus should be at any pep boys autozone or advance auto.
    I bought mines from the acura dealer

9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

No one else has used the add at the pump stuff? I think it's Murphy USA gas that lets you do that. They're pushing it big time, but I don't like the fact that they broadcast and blare to everyone that you just bought it.

10. ProzacKid

ProzacKid Rockstar 100 Posts

I've seen that at the Walmarts. You're right, it's pretty loud. They must be trying to get other people to buy that stuff.