What's the best thing to shine polished alluminum wheels

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ki4kma, Jun 17, 2009.

1. ki4kma

ki4kma Member

I've been using Maguires polish alluminum, and it works good, was wandering if anybody knew of something else that might work really good!?

2. 97chevz71

97chevz71 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

IF they are not clear coated. Adams metal polish is the best in the business.

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I just recently switched over to Wenol, and that is some seriously good stuff when used with a Flitz ball! I used it on my billet grille, and it looked like chrome when I was done. The red tube is for really badly scarred surfaces, and the blue tube is for soft metals such as chrome or billet. I paid $10 for each toothpaste tube of it at a local swap meet, and that is what I am going to use from now on. I also used it on my diamondplate tonneau cover, and it made it look almost like glass. It was so dirty I had to use two coats of that stuff, but the nice thing is that it leaves a coating that is almost like wax.

4. detailjohn

detailjohn Rockstar 100 Posts

I use MOTHERS....

[​IMG] Mothers secret formula balances a brilliant shine with easy use for aluminum wheels and parts, brass, alloys and accessories. Mag & Aluminum polish is strong enough to put a shine to the most neglected metals and gentle enough to use on a regular basis.

5. 97chevz71

Is that like a polishing ruge

6. Breathtaker

Breathtaker Rockstar

Mothers works best.

7. TRPLXL2

I will be honest and say that I am not sure what Rouge is completely, but it is best when applied with a buffer. I did my billet grille by hand, and it took 3 hours of some serious labor to make it look like chrome. When I did my tonneau cover I used the flitz ball, and basically all you do is apply it by hand like wax and let it sit for a few minutes and then buff it off with some kind of a polishing wheel or buffing ball. I use the red stuff to break all of the oxidation off, and then I use the blue polish to make it really shiny. I know this probably didn't help, but I don't know how else to explain this stuff.

8. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i use mothers also, they usually have it at pepboys or kragen.

9. 97chevz71

A rouge is basically what you use for metal or any kind jewerly you want to get shiny. You usually use a buffer to apply it.

10. TRPLXL2

Oh well in that case then yes it is a rouge, because on the back of the box it says it's perfect for jewelry. Sorry about the mental relapse, but it is great stuff to use on aluminum.