Whats the biggest load you've hauled or towed?

Discussion in 'Towing & Trailer Tech' started by ChevyFan, Mar 13, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

The most interesting load I've hauled is probably when I moved my kids wood fort in a 6x8 utility trailer. I found 1 in the neighborhood, that's already pre built 4x4s. I put it in the trailer and lashed it down and drove the few miles back home with it rocking and swaying ib the breeze. I thought she might flip after the first corner, but it was stable and just leaned a lot.
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

My mother in-law, and no you dont want to see a picture of that in the bed of my truck it aint pretty.
  3. ChevyFan

Yeah, I figured you were going to go there. :gasp:
  4. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker New Member

i hauled my sleeping bag in the back too much i think.. apparently its pretty heavy.. cause my truck looks like its dragging pretty bad! 2012-03-02_15-17-07_441.jpg
  5. AMac

AMac New Member

ATVs, were the only thing I've ever hauled, I think. Oh and some christmas trees.

CIMG1742.jpg CIMG0271.jpg truck.jpg
  6. ChevyFan

7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

bigmove.jpg Ok you wimps.. Fo those who don't think the Avalanche is big enough..What you see here is 1 FULL King size bad,2 Twin Mattress,and a full sofa, The coushins are in the back seat along with some boxes. Yes this is before the SnugTop..and I drove this about 20 miles for a move.. I have also delivered 7 TV's to Judge Judy's house up in Ct.....
  8. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

Well i have hauled in the old wood truck (1980 Chevy Silverado C10 with an I-6 and 4spd) enough wood that the front tires would bounce off the road when driving. Otherwise on actual road worthy trucks i have put 2yds of dirt in the back of my truck last year for the garden. sadly i do not have pictures since well i was busy haha.
  9. Dana W

Dana W Member

At my house, mother-in-law and sleeping bag are the same person.
  10. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member

Wow.
    I, too, have had the front tires up, and searching for 'coons in the trees with the headlights. Carpet squares, dirt, wood, gravel, playset (2 loads), whatever that was...

My '89 Sierra C1500 scsb has always been treated as a one ton dump truck. Of course, when I pulled the rusty box to exchange with a new one, I found that one of the rear spring eyes is a 1/4" from falling right off. I should probably fix that.

Next, it will be carrying the teen drivers, so I best get it up to snuff.

Enkeiavalanche, great job with the photoshop!! I'm kidding!
  11. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

112,000 lbs worth in a semi...:rules:

you never said it had to be pickups... just the biggest load you have hauled. :rofl:

in my trucks? had a bunch of sandbags in the white one, not bulky, but heavy. moved all the wifes and I stuff from minnesota to virginia with a 6x12 uhaul.

the old truck hauled any number of things. dont remember em all. furniture, tools, and so on.

Alex
  12. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member

Hauled my 65 chevy, with my triumph 675r n the bed. It was a load
  13. Dana W

Dana W Member

12 bridesmaids in my '99 burb, to & from the bachelorette party, and no I will not furnish details nor will it be posted on utube.
  14. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member

In my old 97 1/2t silverado i towed a car trailer with two full pallets of the large landscaping bricks plus one in the bed of the truck. pulled just fine it was stopping that was the problem those trailer brakes were getting a work out that day.

The other heavy load was in my 86 1/2 scottsdale had two pallets of asphalt shingles in the bed, she sagged so much that it made it hard to steer down the road
  15. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member

cwrtruck4.jpg cwrtruck5.jpg truck2.jpg

Sad part is, the one with the sandbags was the last one of the day so this wasn't even close to the amounts that preceeded it.
  16. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

4 sections of scaffolding with all the proper equipment for setting it up, tool box loaded with my tools along with a cab full of other construction essentials, and under the scaffolding was a few sheets of 1" and 1/8th T&G plywood. Heavy load, but she handled it great:
    [​IMG]

The trailer was unloaded at this point, but it eventually had a stand up piano from the 30's, TONS of tools, a love seat, a full dining room set (table, chairs, etc), boxes of stuff and a fridge, and in the bed was a riding lawn mower and all our gear for the trip. 13 MPG's was the best we could get out of it. Oh, and notice the boat on top?
    [​IMG]

And since you never said it had to be our personal trucks, I had this 4000 water gallon tank filled to 85% (3400 gallons):
    [​IMG]
  17. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member

If we are going there I guess my biggest haul would be three 6430 Deeres to the dealership for bigger hydraulics, they weight 9,000 each, but I was using my grandpa sweet ole peterbuilt
  18. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Member

5 Ton Roller, hardly noticed it back there

249466_2051563570066_1273825764_2370261_3714159_n.jpg
  19. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member

More sandbags coming up here shortly for a "flood". I hope not cuz thats alot of work for us/mostly me.
  20. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 New Member

Downed a 40ft. Pine in my front yard and made 4 trips to the local dump.

Total weight tally came to about 9000lb.
    2011-08-29_14-42-16_497.jpg