Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Whats the biggest load you've hauled or towed?

Discussion in 'Towing & Trailer Tech' started by ChevyFan, Mar 13, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

The most interesting load I've hauled is probably when I moved my kids wood fort in a 6x8 utility trailer. I found 1 in the neighborhood, that's already pre built 4x4s. I put it in the trailer and lashed it down and drove the few miles back home with it rocking and swaying ib the breeze. I thought she might flip after the first corner, but it was stable and just leaned a lot.
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My mother in-law, and no you dont want to see a picture of that in the bed of my truck it aint pretty.
  3. ChevyFan

Yeah, I figured you were going to go there. :gasp:
  4. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

i hauled my sleeping bag in the back too much i think.. apparently its pretty heavy.. cause my truck looks like its dragging pretty bad! 2012-03-02_15-17-07_441.jpg
  5. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

ATVs, were the only thing I've ever hauled, I think. Oh and some christmas trees.

CIMG1742.jpg CIMG0271.jpg truck.jpg
  6. ChevyFan

7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

bigmove.jpg Ok you wimps.. Fo those who don't think the Avalanche is big enough..What you see here is 1 FULL King size bad,2 Twin Mattress,and a full sofa, The coushins are in the back seat along with some boxes. Yes this is before the SnugTop..and I drove this about 20 miles for a move.. I have also delivered 7 TV's to Judge Judy's house up in Ct.....
  8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Well i have hauled in the old wood truck (1980 Chevy Silverado C10 with an I-6 and 4spd) enough wood that the front tires would bounce off the road when driving. Otherwise on actual road worthy trucks i have put 2yds of dirt in the back of my truck last year for the garden. sadly i do not have pictures since well i was busy haha.
  9. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

At my house, mother-in-law and sleeping bag are the same person.
  10. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Wow.
    I, too, have had the front tires up, and searching for 'coons in the trees with the headlights. Carpet squares, dirt, wood, gravel, playset (2 loads), whatever that was...

My '89 Sierra C1500 scsb has always been treated as a one ton dump truck. Of course, when I pulled the rusty box to exchange with a new one, I found that one of the rear spring eyes is a 1/4" from falling right off. I should probably fix that.

Next, it will be carrying the teen drivers, so I best get it up to snuff.

Enkeiavalanche, great job with the photoshop!! I'm kidding!