1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Whats the biggest load you've hauled or towed?

Discussion in 'Towing & Trailer Tech' started by ChevyFan, Mar 13, 2012.

1. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Party pooper
  2. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My biggest load was a dump trailer full of dirt that weighed in at about 16,500lbs. With the weight of my duramax in there, the whole rig weighed in at about 25,000lbs.
  3. RAV52202

RAV52202 Member 100 Posts

I know no one will believe me and I wish I had pics to prove it but, here is my biggest haul. I had a 25ton tag along trailer with 45,000lbs of concrete wall panels hooked to the back of the old 2002 GMC 2500. I didnt not take it on the pavement but I did move it from the concrete plant to the storage yard about 1000ft away. I backed the air brakes off so that I could roll the trailer. I know no one will believe but it is true.
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Keep the posts coming in here.
  5. BurbanMan

My largest load was with my 90 dodge d250. I had a track hoe on a 20' tilt trailer and my long bed loaded to the rails with tile and grout. 8) engine and trans are 360 V8 and granny 4 speed. I can honestly say granny was used lol

When I get the burban going, I'll find out how much it can hoss around with 3/4 ton rear suspension
  6. BurbanMan

I believe it. Hell, my dads Dakota towed a 1 ton ford back to the house about half mile away lol
  7. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I asked for one yard of topsoil but he put 2 1/2 heaping buckets in the bed. I only had to drive maybe 3 miles at 35mph. It could not be any lower.
    IMG_20130519_143436_719.jpg
  8. BurbanMan

Oh come on. It could drop another 3"! Lol did they charge you for the extra soil?
  9. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

He could of but glad he did not and it only cost $20. That is why I did say anything. I was nervous but as I said 3 miles max to my house.
  10. Rebel_Bowtie

Rebel_Bowtie Member

Well I only know this because when you move yourself, the military pays you by how much your stuff weighs. But I towed a tandem axle u-haul (2000lbs empty) with just over 2000lbs of stuff and a 4-wheeler in the bed from Mississippi to OKC with my 04 1500 Z71 (5.3L), towing package included before lift and tires. I don't recommend it, and I couldn't get her to stay in OD on I40 once we hit the winds of the plains, but I did it.