What's the difference ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by JTWard, Jul 7, 2013.

1. JTWard

JTWard Member 1 Year Gold Member 100 Posts

What is the difference between a Avalanche and a 1500 Silverado trucks ?

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Lots from Ride The Avalanche sits on a Sub chassis The silverado on a truck, The Avalanche you can have a 5,1 bed or 8 foot.. There is a lot more What are you lookin to do?

3. JTWard

Not really sure, but they tend to look the same from the frontal view. Doesn't Cadillac market one ?

4. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yes, it's the Escalade EXT.

5. JTWard

Escalade, that's it. I see a lot of them seeping out of the ghetto with 26" wheels and all the chrome as it's possible to put on a vehicle. At the Chevy.com site you see that the Avalanche doesn't have a chassis like a C1500 does. But they say it can still hold any 4' x 8' materials, kinda hard to imagine from just one look at the bed. They cost more than a 1500 Silverado too ?

6. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

The rear seats fold down extending the bed space. I think of them as a tahoe's and a silverado's child. You have a nice SUV with the capabilities of a truck.

7. Enkeiavalanche

Yes they can and more... Photo-0282.jpg Photo-0488.jpg < and that's a 80in TV.. Photo-0479.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget the Girls.... carshows 233.jpg

8. JTWard

Yes I see, I never saw one with a bed cover on ! Very interesting ! They have a lot of plastic cladding on them. Is there a difference in ride ?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Go test drive them both and see what you like.. The Avalanche is a smoother ride But both ride good..

10. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

From everything I've read, the Avalanche is basically a Suburban with a bed. The payload and towing numbers are not as good as the Silverado as well. IIRC, the Avalanche has a coil spring rear suspension while the Silverado has leaf springs in the rear.