Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What's the difference ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by JTWard, Jul 7, 2013.

1. JTWard

JTWard Member 1 Year Gold Member 100 Posts

What is the difference between a Avalanche and a 1500 Silverado trucks ?

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Lots from Ride The Avalanche sits on a Sub chassis The silverado on a truck, The Avalanche you can have a 5,1 bed or 8 foot.. There is a lot more What are you lookin to do?

3. JTWard

Not really sure, but they tend to look the same from the frontal view. Doesn't Cadillac market one ?

4. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yes, it's the Escalade EXT.

5. JTWard

Escalade, that's it. I see a lot of them seeping out of the ghetto with 26" wheels and all the chrome as it's possible to put on a vehicle. At the Chevy.com site you see that the Avalanche doesn't have a chassis like a C1500 does. But they say it can still hold any 4' x 8' materials, kinda hard to imagine from just one look at the bed. They cost more than a 1500 Silverado too ?

6. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

The rear seats fold down extending the bed space. I think of them as a tahoe's and a silverado's child. You have a nice SUV with the capabilities of a truck.

7. Enkeiavalanche

Yes they can and more... Photo-0282.jpg Photo-0488.jpg < and that's a 80in TV.. Photo-0479.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget the Girls.... carshows 233.jpg

8. JTWard

Yes I see, I never saw one with a bed cover on ! Very interesting ! They have a lot of plastic cladding on them. Is there a difference in ride ?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Go test drive them both and see what you like.. The Avalanche is a smoother ride But both ride good..

10. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

From everything I've read, the Avalanche is basically a Suburban with a bed. The payload and towing numbers are not as good as the Silverado as well. IIRC, the Avalanche has a coil spring rear suspension while the Silverado has leaf springs in the rear.