1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

whats the hottest food youve eaten?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by reggiecab2000, Feb 17, 2013.

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

I went to one of my favorite restaurants "Scuttlebutts" and they have the insanity wing challenge.
    1o wings soaked in the infamous ghost chili pepper sauce.
    Me and some friends decided to try it...
    thats the hottest **** ive ever eaten, and its a scar for life, I only got 7 down before sneezing in my food and getting the sauce in my eye!!! the night was hell after that...
    ill never forget that night:no:
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I can't eat anything hot, because I have bleeding ulcers. If I did what you did, It would be suicide for me. I applaud you for getting as far as you did, I imagine you probably have internal scarring of your intestines from that. At least you won't have to worry about your colon for a while.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

heres a little article i looked up

In 2007, Guinness World Records certified that the Ghost Pepper (Bhut Jolokia) was the world's hottest chili pepper, 400 times hotter than Tabasco sauce; however, in 2011 it has since been superseded by the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion.[SUP][10][/SUP] In March 5, 2012, some ghost peppers tested hotter than the scorpion pepper varieties. Now the ghost pepper and scorpion pepper are tied for the world's hottest pepper.

and this for reference

[​IMG]
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

[​IMG] now you got me hungry.....[​IMG]
  6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I have had the atomic wings at quaker steak and lube, where you have to sign the waver. I did not think that they were that hot. I would love to find a place that has ghost pepper sauce. I like things hot! We grow habanero, cayenne and serrano peppers in out garden every year. Friends and I have a few drinks and then challenge each other to eating habaneros, you actually get used to it. We also use the last harvest to make and jar Habanero jelly. It is pretty good. It starts out with a sweet taste because of all the sugar and then it starts burning. I am going to try to order some ghost pepper seeds this year.
  7. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

YOU, my friend, have what those mexicans call "juevos"...(balls)

LOL

we have buffalo wild wings down here in texas, and there blazin wing challenge just aint crap... my dad would get the 50 wing bucket to take home and he would always complain to the manager how they aint hot enough (my father is a HEAT FREAK) and if we didnt finish them together, i'd wake up in the morning and it would be my breakfast...

i actually swore to myself that i would never eat a ghost pepper, not for fear of how hot they are, because i like hot things, but because of fear of what they might do to my insides lol..... but i was with my fraternity and its our tradition that all pledge classes must at least try the ghost wing challenge and I decided to do it with them, because we used to do the blazin challenge at BWW but found that the ghost peppers are WAY hotter so my pledge class was the last at BWW and i never tried the ghost peppers until now.
  8. Pikey

I was doing some research as it is almost time to get me garden seeds germinated and growing so I have plants in the spring. Apparently, there is a new pepper the Trinidad Scorpion Moruga they are 2,009,231 SHU on the Scoville scale. It is $10 for 10 seeds, which is pretty spendy for seeds. It is the world record holder for "hotness"! I am considering them but, I have two small kids that like to grab vegetables out of the garden and eat them while they are playing in the yard. They have another pepper that is hotter than the ghost that claims that one pepper is enough for 7 pots of chile.
  9. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

i posted a little article i found on that earlier in the thread... you mustve missed it
    and yes you are correct
  10. Pikey

lol, I actually read it, but it was a few hours ago and I forgot about it! Guess that is what happens with little ones running around and a pregnant wife.