1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

whats the hottest food youve eaten?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by reggiecab2000, Feb 17, 2013.

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I like hot food, and 12 years in Austin enjoying both real Tex-Mex and a smattering of authentic Thai resulted in ever-increasing tolerances to it. Jalapenos and serranos taste both sweet and spicy to me. Cayenne peppers are about my 'normal' for hot and cause my eyes to water and nose to run (in a good way).

The hottest thing I've ever eaten was a (large) habanero pepper straight out of a friend's garden -- seeds and all. It was washed, of course, prior to consumption. I honestly expected something hotter. However, soon after eating it, I licked my lips -- which was a huge mistake, as I got the pepper's oil all over them. That burned like all heck... for the better part of 30 mins. Bread helped.

Surreal
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

I doubt if anything could live on it anyway, haha

Milk, or yogurt, is the best.
  3. SurrealOne

There was none around...
  4. RayVoy

Haha, thanks, best laugh today, haha
  5. SurrealOne

[MENTION=54249]RayVoy[/MENTION],
    Heh, my friend who grew them was single with no kids at the time. (Same for me.) Things like milk, yogurt, etc aren't normally in my fridge ... and weren't in his until after he got married and had his first born.

Heck, I take 5000 iu of vitamin D and a calcium supplement daily (and have for many years) because I've not ever consumed enough dairy since leaving the parental nest. *shrug*

I'm glad you find it funny, though!
  6. RayVoy

I do too, for the same reason (not much calcium in rum, hehe). I'm not recommending dairy from experience, just heard it from a middle-east tenant. He claims it works.
  7. jnbama

jnbama Member

Hot Wings in Louisianna and Green Chili Arizona:redface:
  8. SurrealOne

Milk actually does work. I can't speak for yogurt, but have heard it does, too. Bread also works if your aim is to soak up the oil -- which was the point in my case.
  9. tigersdl65

tigersdl65 New Member

I believe the hottest thing I have ever eaten came from the Buffalo Connection in Auburn, Alabama. They call them Death wings. I ate 4.... and that was a stretch. It prolly took 30 minutes to stop hurting. I can't say what they put on them because I really don't know. I'm quite sure I have scars on the inside from that. One thing I do know is that they were just as hot on the way out. NEVER will I eat them again.
  10. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Alright! I try not to resurrect old thread, but today I can't help it. Earlier in the year we planted Ghost peppers and trinidad scorpion peppers in our garden. They have ripened! My wife and I have been eating them like crazy. The intensity is crazy. I have never had something that hot. But, the duration of the "burn" or actually numbness does not last long. 5-10 minutes and all is good.