Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What's the normal operating temp range?

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by 99TahoeNut, Apr 11, 2005.

1. 99TahoeNut

99TahoeNut New Member

What's the normal operating temp for the standard v8? It seems that my temp is going up a little bit each year. Like it's 200 degrees lately when it was like 180 last few years.

Should I get the coolant flushed out?

2. ARNIE

ARNIE Rockstar

180 to 210. Probably time to flush the coolant system and have a competent radiator shop clean out your radiator, which is a lot cheaper if you remove it and take it in.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Yeah, I agree. If you're in a 99 then it's a 6 year old rig and it's time to get it flushed out.

4. 99TahoeNut

99TahoeNut New Member

I'll see if I can't take her into the local shop and see if they can't give me a flushing service before the summer comes up. It's bound to start getting hot here in Tenn before too long and I'd hate to be shut down on the side of the road with something stupid like overheating.

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

How hot does it get in Nashville during the summer anyhow?