What's This Part?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by clwh222, Jan 26, 2013.

  1. clwh222

    clwh222 New Member

    In one of my classes my project is to figure out the purpose of this part. The only hint they gave me is that it was associated with the cam shaft of an older GM truck. What is this part?

    507 part.jpg 507 part 2.jpg 507 part 3.jpg
  2. Enkeiavalanche

    Enkeiavalanche Loving the Outdoors Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

    Some type of balanced part I guess?
  3. Pikey

    Pikey Moderator Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

    I have no idea. But, maybe someone like @Crawdaddy can help. I know that he is rebuilding an old 350. @RayVoy or @j cat may know also. Hang in there I am sure someone will come along and know exactly what it is.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  4. RayVoy

    RayVoy Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

    Thanks for the vote of confidence Pikey, I saw this thread last evening, my wife wasn't feeling well, and being bored, I spent a couple of hours looking for that part. I thought it might have been part of the old straight 6 rocker arm assembly (and it may be), but can't verify it. Haha, I'm still looking.

Share This Page

Newest Gallery Photos