Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What's This Part?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by clwh222, Jan 26, 2013.

1. clwh222

clwh222 New Member

In one of my classes my project is to figure out the purpose of this part. The only hint they gave me is that it was associated with the cam shaft of an older GM truck. What is this part?

507 part.jpg 507 part 2.jpg 507 part 3.jpg

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Some type of balanced part I guess?

3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have no idea. But, maybe someone like @Crawdaddy can help. I know that he is rebuilding an old 350. @RayVoy or @j cat may know also. Hang in there I am sure someone will come along and know exactly what it is.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  4. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Thanks for the vote of confidence Pikey, I saw this thread last evening, my wife wasn't feeling well, and being bored, I spent a couple of hours looking for that part. I thought it might have been part of the old straight 6 rocker arm assembly (and it may be), but can't verify it. Haha, I'm still looking.