1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's this?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Metaluzc, Jul 31, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Metaluzc

Metaluzc New Member 100 Posts

So while I was taking off the grille assembly and front bumper to begin painting the chrome black I saw this and have no clue what it is: engine.JPG
    Can anyone explain to me what that is and what it is for?
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Should be the oil Cooler. Or power steering... Most likely power sterring since you have a 2500 HD...
  3. Metaluzc

Power steering cooler?
  4. murdog94

Yep.... With the HD they wanted to keep the pump happy under extream conditions. However I have been wrong. I know it is one of the two however. I would follow the lines back since they will either lead past the pump twards the motor in which case its obviously a motor oil cooler, and if it leads back to the pump then its a power steering cooler..
    With the Powersteering it is something that HUMMER did with the HydroBoost brakes in their Army versions of the hummer.

And it looks like its time to clean off the Radiator.. Looks pretty well covered in doodoo..:lol:
  5. Metaluzc

HAHA yeah I was shocked when I pulled off the grille assembly and saw that. Will definitely be taking a brush and getting that crud off. I live in North Central, Pa. so it's everything from living in the "boonies" and on a dirt road collecting there.
  6. murdog94

Oh i know all about it.. Its been so bad on my truck that a pressure washer wouldnt remove it.