1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's this?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 07AFSilverado, Mar 17, 2012.

1. 07AFSilverado

07AFSilverado New Member

As I was changing my transmission fluid today, I bent this bracket back out of the way so I could remove the pan. However, in doing so, I broke this clip or plastic piece and now my transmission won't shift in or out of park unless I hold this piece from moving. Apparently what I broke held the ****ft cble in place to allow the transmission to be shifted in and out of gear.

My question is, what is this peice called? As you can see by the pic, I used some JB Weld to (hopefully) temporarily hold in place until I can get a new piece.

DSC_2051.jpg

Thanks for any insight!

-Joe
  2. 07AFSilverado

07AFSilverado New Member

Nobody knows the name of this piece of plastic? Does anyone know if I can buy it separately, or do I have to buy a whole shift cable? I'd hate to spend $96 on a darn cable!
  3. Revredneck

Revredneck New Member

It's part of the shift cable, and probably will need the whole cable replaced. You might check your local parts store and see if the "HELP" parts has it, but I doubt it. Also, check Rockauto.com for great selection and prices.
    Good Luck and God Bless