What's this?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 07AFSilverado, Mar 17, 2012.

  1. 07AFSilverado

    07AFSilverado New Member

    As I was changing my transmission fluid today, I bent this bracket back out of the way so I could remove the pan. However, in doing so, I broke this clip or plastic piece and now my transmission won't shift in or out of park unless I hold this piece from moving. Apparently what I broke held the ****ft cble in place to allow the transmission to be shifted in and out of gear.

    My question is, what is this peice called? As you can see by the pic, I used some JB Weld to (hopefully) temporarily hold in place until I can get a new piece.


    Thanks for any insight!

  2. 07AFSilverado

    07AFSilverado New Member

    Nobody knows the name of this piece of plastic? Does anyone know if I can buy it separately, or do I have to buy a whole shift cable? I'd hate to spend $96 on a darn cable!
  3. Revredneck

    Revredneck Rockstar 100 Posts

    It's part of the shift cable, and probably will need the whole cable replaced. You might check your local parts store and see if the "HELP" parts has it, but I doubt it. Also, check Rockauto.com for great selection and prices.
    Good Luck and God Bless

Share This Page

Newest Gallery Photos