1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Whats up from the 909

Discussion in 'CA - SoCal Chevy Truck Club' started by ak47, May 15, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ak47

ak47 New Member

What up?? New 2010 Chevy Silverado owner here... I've been reading the board and learning alot. I just got some new pics of the truck.. hope U guys like it.. They are before and after..

Attached Files:

2. ak47

ak47 New Member

So I spent the last two days taking off the Silverado letters off the back and side doors... I used fishing line, Goo B Gone and ALOT of muscle! When the letters came off, it left most of the adhesive, that was a pain in the A**! I want to take off the small piece of chrome stripping along the door, along with the the bowtie in the back. I think I need some stronger fishing line, cause the line always breaks when I try to remove the bowtie?!?!?!?
  3. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 New Member 100 Posts

Hello Ak47 from the 909/951 area. lol Sweet looking truck.:great:
  4. Coolrado

Coolrado New Member 100 Posts

welcome aboard.
  5. ak47

ak47 New Member

As I told you before, I wanted to take the chrome strip from off the side of the doors. Well, I spent about 2 hours yesterday trying too. What I DIDN'T realize, was that the actual piece of chrome is glued too the molding strip. As I started too peel back the chrome, the molding started too pull away!!! I freaked out for a second, then I said F*** it.. and I took the molding off as well. After it was all said and done, it turned out pretty good. Looks really clean, but now I dont have anything too protect my doors from getting dinged up in a parking lot, but oh well, its a truck NOT a Lamborghini.. I've waxed the area where the molding was, I still can see a little bit of residue, but thats because I know what Im looking at, most people couldn't tell that there was anything there before.

Im waiting too take off the bowtie until I can find a Black one to replace it. The Chevy dealership wants $50 for a new one... I think thats a little expensive. Anyone know where you can find one cheaper?? I would like the Black one with the Chrome outline??

Thanks.. New pics coming soon
  6. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

welcome to the site from san fran, ca
  7. ak47

ak47 New Member

Here are some new pics without the MOLDING and CHROME on the doors...

Attached Files:

8. trapperdon

trapperdon New Member 100 Posts

WTF is the 909 ?

wellcome.
    what the hell is " the 909? " is that a californication area code?? :neutral:
  9. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

:sign0016: Glad to have you aboard. What else have you got planned for the new ride?
  10. ak47

ak47 New Member

yes, the 909 is a CALIFORNACATION area code!!!!

I just lowered the truck 3/5 and it came out looking great!! After a long talk with the guys at the bodyshop, they told me that I would be miserable with a 4/7 drop, constantly rubbing and VERY uncomfortable ride in general. I ended up just removing the tailgate bowtie, tapped off the chrome section and painted it Black then put it back on with some 2-sided adhesive.. came it looking really good. I washed the truck tonight, I will wax it in the morning then take some photo's....

Next on the list is Black handles and probably smoke the tail-lights... but need to save $$$$$ first!!!