Whats up w/ the Gold Contributor icons?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by TELORVEHC, Apr 13, 2011.

1. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I've seen a few members around with a Gold Contributor icon above their avatar. What does this signify (donations to the site?) and does being a Gold Contributor offer any benefits to me as a user?

2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I believe Scott would do just about anything to post pics of topless women!! I am also courious about this too.

3. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I've been a platinum contributor for the two years I've been a member. Basically you get larger avatars and signature pics and larger storage for picture albums and private messages. Back when I first signed up it included a decal too, also you don't see as many ads, plus you get the warm and fuzzy feeling that you're helping out the site.

4. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

How does one go about becoming a gold or platinum contributor?

5. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

:rofl: :rofl:

6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Click on the "settings" tab at the top of the page, then on the left scroll down to "my settings" and in that list at the bottom is "paid subscriptions" , click on that and it's self explanatory from there.

7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I'm going to look at these plans to see what else I can do to help the contributors as well. Everything has expanded on the site for all users, but we can probably do even more for the contributors.