Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what's wrong any help

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by killarag, Sep 28, 2010.

1. killarag

killarag New Member

I've got an 04 suburban with 14600 miles, I can drive for about a mile then it coast as if in neutral i can pullover sit for 5 min then the same thing over again. the tranny fluid is dark need to know if getting a total system flush with filter change will help
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

First take it in and have it checked to see if its throwing any tranny codes your average code reader cant do this. and it only has 14K miles or is it 146K miles? and 4wd or 2wd?
  3. killarag

killarag New Member

sorry about that it's 146000 and a 2 wd

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

i took it already to Aamco they said no codes but needs to be rebuilt, they didn't want me to take the trk to another shop, I just can't believe no codes at all. do yopu think flushing the system will help???
  4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

As mentioned in the PM it might help for a little bit but it seems that either your Torque converter or else the clutch pack is fried. and i would happily take it to another shop, expecially when they dont want you to. But ive had trannies go out like that before where they would drive when cold and then not when warm. There may be other things but id say you in for a rebuild or new/rebuilt replacement (which can sometimes be cheaper than actually having someone rebuild your tranny)
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X2 what murdog94 said about finding another shop. It's your truck take it were ever you want.