1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Whats wrong with this picture?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by tbplus10, Jul 8, 2012.

1. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I've tried 5 different props including a custom cut prop, while supercharged motors work great in direct drives and Jet boats they just dont hook up well in a I/O. I was warned before I put the engine in that it wouldnt work well, I just had to find out on my own.
    The hull design along with prop angle from the outdrive just doesnt work well untill youve got some speed on if your pushing to much horsepower.

2. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

dont mean to drop a non-thread bomb in here Tim, but have you heard anything about a meet in DFW next month? [MENTION=14295]tbplus10[/MENTION]

3. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Its not the battery we put new ones in every two years and leave them on battery tenders when not in use. The problem is somewhere in the charging system or what makes it keeps it's charge. The worse thing right now with this 105 degree weather is vapor lock on my parents chappparral. With the huge engine compartment it gets hot and drys out the fuel rails

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  4. ahmitchell1

I gotcha. The only i/o we gots got the 8.1 which is a beast, never needed the boost. We had ours on the old sunscape mainly to get up multiple bare footers back when my parents could still get out. now it's multiple slalom or kneeboarding or wakeboards

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  5. tbplus10

I havent heard anything yet.
    There is a car show at Steves work this weekend that I plan on attending and hopefully we get a few members showing there.

6. tbplus10

Yea I was advised if I needed more HP to use an 8.1, their strong on top end and the power comes on a little smoother, they dont pitch the bow up as fast. Mine I can pitch the bow so it looks like its straight up, but your going no where until it drops a little and starts digging. But like you point out with the Sunscape put a knee board or skier back there and it does good, tube is to light, and we use this boat mostly for tubes or just floating out on the lake.

7. ahmitchell1

Get you two obrian screamers. Best tube out there. Plus we are usually have at least 400 pounds behind the boat when we're tubing, all my friends r my size.

8. tbplus10

I've got two Air Force 6' tubes, but for the most part my passengers are all under 150lbs.
    I did try a Fat Sack in the back but it takes up to much room.
    Plus the fuel useage of this engine vice my original factory 350 is a huge difference, I could play a whole day and boat into the night on a tank of fuel with the original engine, this one gets me to late afternoon and I either gotta stop playing or get the spare cans out of the truck.
    I know I'll lose power but for our use I think it's gonna be the best choice. I am thinking about just removing the Supercharger and keeping the injection system or going carburated.

9. ahmitchell1

Carbartors will keep you from getting vapor locked. This is the hottest summer we've had in its doing work to my parents chapp. I'm wrapping there fuel rails in exhaust wrap it should help

10. Falcone

Falcone Rockstar 100 Posts

My truck, my parents 17' Cutter Bowrider, not a bad boat for cruising around, or taking people tubing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    But this is my boat, a 14' Temptest, with 135 merc. I need a new prop, any sugestions? Also looking at jack plates..... turns out I havn't uploaded any pictures to the computer, only mobile uploaded to facebook.. I shall get pictures soon.