1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's Your Cylinder Index??

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Sierraowner5.3, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

Aight, you are probably wondering what the heck a Cylinder Index is, or what im on about.

in a nutshell, your cylinder index is very simple, its the ratio of the amount of internal combustion cylinders, to your age. mines 15/25. 15 cylinders, and 25 years old.

theory goes that it should be 1/1, one cylinder for every year you are old. leniency is given for younger among us. (like me lol)
    the closer you are to 1/1, the better.

anywho, the details of mine is 8 in the truck, 6 in the car, and 1 from my pushmower.

heres the rules.

they must run, or you must intend for them to run within the next year. Project engines count, the 74 ford parked in the weeds that hasn't moved under its own power for 20 years, dosn't. lawnmowers, 4wheelers, leaf blowers and so on, all count. things like air compressors, while having a cylinder, don't have internal combustion, so they are out.

just curious as to what some of our older members have tucked away. this is all for fun, don't take it serious.

have fun.

Alex
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

My cylinder index is 50/47 so I can hold off buying anything new for a few years
  3. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker New Member

32/24

3 lm7s and one 427
  4. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker New Member

HAHAHA.. that's cheating!
  5. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog New Member Platinum Contributor

OH MY!!! I may need to get my calculator... I have run out of fingers and toes.... this is the view to the west of my office photo.jpg
    and there is three more sides and a few compounds as well.... most if not all of these have gone through the shop for spring start up....
    Is it good to have more cylinders then years,,, will it make me feel younger?.....Hope so lmao:glasses:

Sorry had a double post there??????

And yes these are owned and operated by me and my staff
    .... sorry i am in....

P.S. I could be convinced to sell the lot.... for the right $$$$....
    lmao.....i would like to retire and play with my trucks and dog...
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

i should mention they must be owned by you, no company stuff. so dirty dog, that fleet of stuff is out, unless you own the company i guess.

Alex
  7. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts

17/32.

8 from my 2009 Silverado 5.3
    8 from my '74 Pontaic Catalina Station Wagon 455 (It runs, but it's with my parents in southern California while I make room for it so haven't touched it in a while)
    1 from my lawnmower.
  8. mudpuppy

mudpuppy New Member

39/34
    2 302 interceptor engines complete and usible
    1 back up 3.8 sc engine for my t-bird
    1 3.8 sc engine in the tbird
    350 in the suburban
    straight 3 in my boat
  9. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts

I was hoping to do better. 21/29

8 in the truck
    4 in the Saturn
    4 in the Altima
    4 in the Land Rover
    1 in the Mower
  10. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member

16/24.

TBI 350 in the Burb, L82 Carbed 350 in the 73 Z28. Sounds like I need another project or two hehe.