1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's Your Favorite Road To Drive?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Aug 3, 2014.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

What's everyone's favorite road to drive?
    All time favorite for me is pacific coast highway from Washington state through California.

Some pics of PCH in Washington and Oregon ... but the road runs from northern Washington to Southern California.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Favorite in Texas are some of the roads in east texas going into the piney woods.

img_3611s.jpg
    p5150005a.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  2. JnBama

JnBama Member 2 Years 500 Posts

I've driven across country thousands of miles of truck routes but still seen lots wonderful country, my favorite highways are out west. When unemployed 2008 a friend talked me into coming out to Ridgecrest , Ca. Found temp job driving Hot Shot driving Dodge dually along with owner driving another delivering new campers out of SoCal. up to Wash, Oregon all the way down Nevada, Arizona, Texas taking a lot of two lanes I've never been on before. Stayed out three months really an adventure plus while out there went through Death Valley and to Bakersfield Nostalgia drag race.
  3. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 100 Posts

I have to go with the old Rt. 66. It is a road that leads you so many interesting places with so much history along its path.
  4. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I don't have any roads to recommend but taking off two weeks from work and driving the entire Rt. 66 is on my bucket list.
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Driving from DFW to Phoenix twice this year let me go along Route 66 a couple of times actually. We stayed in some of the towns overnight where Route 66 runs through, so we stopped and looked at some of the stuff. Wish I had more time and wasn't just trying to get out there/back.

View attachment 60046
  6. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The PCH in a convertible would be pretty sweet.

I want to drive the Dalton ice road in Alaska, too. (Yeah, I watch Ice Road Truckers!)

I'll add those to my list, lol.
  7. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 100 Posts

That Dalton would have to be very cool. It has to be a one of a kind. I left Vancouver B.C. one morning rolled into Kamloops B.C., then to the end of a logging road, switched to horse back for a treck to Skitching Lodge for 10 days, there are only horse trails there. There is nothing like horse back thru the bush for 10 days being your mode of transportation, it really gave me time to think about how hard it must have been for the pioneers of past times. It was August, 72 degrees in the day, 54 at night, and yes, the fishing and hunting was out standing.
  8. BornAgainBiker55

BornAgainBiker55 Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm a fan of the Peak-to-Peak Scenic Byway here in Colorado

[​IMG]
    It's fun to drive in just about any type of vehicle, has some interesting stops, and has some beautiful scenery.
    NOTE: None of these pictures are mine. I found them via Google

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Tail of the Dragon.

[​IMG]
  10. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Hmmm, I've been on a lot of Canadian and US roads and highways. Would love to find the time to travel and explore route 66. One of my fav roads is US #1, I've been on most of the New England sections, but would like to see the southern parts of it.

I think the most scenic roadway I've ever been on is The Blue Ridge Parkway, in NC and Virginia. I haven't done it all, but the parts I have seen are spectacular.