What's your favorite Tire Manufacturer?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by Coach24, Nov 4, 2011.

?

What tires do you run?

1. Bridgestones/Firestone

11 vote(s)
    19.6%
  2. Michelin

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Goodyear

12 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. Yokohama

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  5. Other

28 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

What kind of life do you get from those tires? I have run goodyear before and life is far shorter than any other brand I have run. Only the old Uniroyal tire company was worse on customer service

2. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The first set of stock goodyears on my Avalanche lasted a bit over 100,000km when my uncle replaced them, and they still had a fair bit of tread left on them. I think he just got paranoid about them being 8 years old. I can't speak for all goodyears, but that is my experience with those particular ones, and that is also why my winter tires are the brand new set of goodyears he put on the stock wheels.

3. black03silverado

black03silverado Rockstar

I run BFG ALL TERRAIN T/A on my silverado and michelin's on the wife's Rainier!

4. marko54

marko54 Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

9,000 miles on the Duratracs so far with no noticeable wear. I get my tires thru a local Goodyear store so i dont know anything about poor customer service.if i didnt like the shop or that brand of tires, i would have switched. my last vehicle, a Hummer H3 also had Duratracs.

5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

my first couple of cars had whatever was on em when i got em, only car I ever bought tires for was the Saturn, and that had some 2 of some off brand, and 2 Pirelli's. I liked the Pirellis well enough. the 03 had the bridgstone dualers on it, wasnt terribly impressed with how they handled snow, ran em about 6 months, and they were shot. wasnt much tread there when I bought the truck. Put on some Firestone Destination A/Ts that fall, and I loved those tires, still looked new when I traded for the Sierra. musta put a good 15k on em since they were mounted.

I figure Ill run the dualers on the Sierra till they need replacing, dont figure there is much sense in buying new tires when the one I have work just fine. they have alot of life in em yet. see how they handle the snow here and in minnesota when I go on leave in december, assuming they have snow then.

Alex

6. Thrashpipe

Thrashpipe New Member

Goodyear Wrangler TD all the way for my truck. yes its an out dated tire but i have NEVER gotten stuck in the snow even without using 4x4 these get me out!
    and nothing other then Kuhmo Ecsta ASX for my car :great:

7. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Uniroyal Laredo. This go round. Previously had 2 sets of Coopers. I prefer Michelin but my anal glaucoma flares up when I see the price.

8. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Is that all that flares up? Hey I haven't had Uniroyal's since my 86 suburban. How do they ride?

9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Good poll, I just cast my vote.

10. grape2

grape2 Member

I use mostly Cooper or Firestone not that they are better but during my years as service manager Goodyear never replaced a tire and said they never would. Uniroyal had the best customer service. If i had to replace a tire under warranty, I refused to replace with a Goodyear