1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's your first car/truck memory?

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by ChevyFan, May 10, 2008.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Just curious what everyone's first memory of a car is?

My dad had a '65 International Scout II with the full removable hard-top. He dropped a 327 in that thing and had a great off-road warrior. I remember being a kid in Boise, Idaho driving around that thing with the top off in the summer. Good times!

[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 12, 2008
  2. MrShorty

MrShorty Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'm not sure which memories are earlier, but I remember a '66 (I think) Chevy pickup. sky blue exterior, white interior. I remember getting jammed in the knees when my dad shifted into 2nd. The floorboards were rusting, so every dirt road filled the cab with dust. The other was a green '71 Plymouth Fury III.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My first car memory is my dads 9 passenger, 4 speed, 63 Chevy wagon, his first new car. My first memory of riding in it was going on vacation while we stationed in the Phillipines (around 1968 or 69) we were going through mountains and he kept having to up and down shift, since I was the youngest I had to ride in the center of the front seat and the shifter kept hitting my feet.
    I hated that car, until I got a old enough to drive and found out just how pwerful a Chevy 409 was. I'd give a lot to have that car back now a days.
  4. travisn

travisn New Member

haha i think the first memory i have is when i was 4 or 5 in my moms brand new mustang. (like 91ish) we were on our way home from someplace and i couldnt wait to get out to use the bathroom... ever since then ive been into chevys...LOL
  5. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

[​IMG]

LOL... Ok stop laughing its not that funny:rofl:
  6. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Mine's a FIAT 128 Sport my Mother’s car. I had to put my fingers between the door when she closed it. I never forget that moment :gasp:
  7. GM_Guy

GM_Guy New Member 100 Posts

mine was a 1966 Ford Custom 500 4 door sedan, got it from my grandfather when he passed. did a valve job on it in HS auto mechanics class, then the trans went out a few months later
  8. GaryL

GaryL New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Oh, but it is!!:lol:
  9. eztosee

eztosee New Member

Why laugh? I would almost trade off my 9 MPG Tahoe for a chevette these days of $4.00 a gallon!
  10. eztosee

eztosee New Member

My first car was a 69 super Bee w/ 383! Guess how long that lasted? I was 17. My license expired almost as fast as the tires on the car did!