GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

What's your first car/truck memory?

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by ChevyFan, May 10, 2008.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

Just curious what everyone's first memory of a car is?

My dad had a '65 International Scout II with the full removable hard-top. He dropped a 327 in that thing and had a great off-road warrior. I remember being a kid in Boise, Idaho driving around that thing with the top off in the summer. Good times!

[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 12, 2008
  2. MrShorty

MrShorty Moderator

I'm not sure which memories are earlier, but I remember a '66 (I think) Chevy pickup. sky blue exterior, white interior. I remember getting jammed in the knees when my dad shifted into 2nd. The floorboards were rusting, so every dirt road filled the cab with dust. The other was a green '71 Plymouth Fury III.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

My first car memory is my dads 9 passenger, 4 speed, 63 Chevy wagon, his first new car. My first memory of riding in it was going on vacation while we stationed in the Phillipines (around 1968 or 69) we were going through mountains and he kept having to up and down shift, since I was the youngest I had to ride in the center of the front seat and the shifter kept hitting my feet.
    I hated that car, until I got a old enough to drive and found out just how pwerful a Chevy 409 was. I'd give a lot to have that car back now a days.
  4. travisn

travisn New Member

haha i think the first memory i have is when i was 4 or 5 in my moms brand new mustang. (like 91ish) we were on our way home from someplace and i couldnt wait to get out to use the bathroom... ever since then ive been into chevys...LOL
  5. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member

[​IMG]

LOL... Ok stop laughing its not that funny:rofl:
  6. Davandy

Davandy Moderator

Mine's a FIAT 128 Sport my Mother’s car. I had to put my fingers between the door when she closed it. I never forget that moment :gasp:
  7. GM_Guy

GM_Guy New Member

mine was a 1966 Ford Custom 500 4 door sedan, got it from my grandfather when he passed. did a valve job on it in HS auto mechanics class, then the trans went out a few months later
  8. GaryL

GaryL New Member

Oh, but it is!!:lol:
  9. eztosee

eztosee New Member

Why laugh? I would almost trade off my 9 MPG Tahoe for a chevette these days of $4.00 a gallon!
  10. eztosee

eztosee New Member

My first car was a 69 super Bee w/ 383! Guess how long that lasted? I was 17. My license expired almost as fast as the tires on the car did!
  11. justcuz

justcuz New Member

First real memory was may Dads 49 Plymouth business coupe. No back seat 3 on the tree. After that was Moms 56 Pontiac Hardtop,white and root beer brown with the lighted hood ornament. The best one was the Plymouth replacement, a 57 Pontiac Safari wagon. That car was a pretty fast car for a heavy wagon. Saw my first ride at over 100mph in that car on the Detroit/Toledo expressway. It was going 90 by the end of the onramp. Best car my Dad ever owned!
  12. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

Who's next?
  13. retired2001

retired2001 New Member

My first memories are of my Grand Dad's 1946 Chevy pickup. He would let me drive (sitting in his lap) when I was around 5 or 6 years old(long time ago!)
  14. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member

My Dad's Dark Olive Green 1972 Chevy Blazer 4X4. We towed a trailer many miles with that thing down to Shasta Lake in CA, or to British Columbia, Canada. Good times!
    [​IMG]
  15. GoFastPadre

GoFastPadre New Member

My da had a Pontiac LeMans when I was a little wippersnapper. I don't know the year model or anything, but I do know I wish we still had it!
  16. steves86ta

steves86ta New Member

mine is from when i was in a car seat. i remember a 1987 monte carlo SS and i kept putting my hand in the silicone seal that never seemed to dry in the back seat
  17. bassalive

bassalive New Member

My mother had a 1979 or 80 impala x police cruiser. It was back when "the dukes of hazzard" was popular and I just got my license. My buddy and I took the Impala on an old fire road and proceeded to get the car airborn coming off a bridge. Yeeeeee HAAAAAA is what we said untile we bottomed out and broke the frame. That was the last I ever drove a car of my Mothers...lol and the funny thing is my buddy is now a police officer.
  18. bry2500

bry2500 New Member

1982 VW Rabbit. Baby Blue. Bought it for $89 of my brother in 92. It was unstoppable. Finally sold it to my mom for $200. she brought it to florida where it finally died in Hurricane Andrew with 287000 on the clock.
  19. oldguy

oldguy New Member

My first memory is in a VW Beetle. I think it was a 71ish... My mom has the picture. Well my dad does. Mom passed in Sept and it's still kinda hard for him. I'll post it once I get them. I looked a WHOLE lot different then. But the car was neat!
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  20. vncj96

vncj96 New Member

[​IMG]

Dads 1976 TA....spectacular!! My first real memory was a guy with a lifted 70's ford van sitting in front of us at a stop light, he put it in reverse and drove up on the hood, all I saw was a face full of differential. I was 3. That also is probably my first memory of my dads profanity!!