1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What's your fuel consumption?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by ChevyFan, Aug 29, 2008.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

We've got other threads like this, but how much fuel do you think you go through in a year?

I just figured it out, and my Fuel consumption for 2008 is probably going to be about 900 gallons of gasoline.

I drive 35 miles to work each way, 3 to 4 days per week. I then drive around town a bit each day and will take an occasional trip somewhere in the region.

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

For just the pickup, I use aprox. 1500 gal.. If you include the motor home, add another 1500 gal. Thanks, now I'm depressed!

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I used roughly 750 gals of fuel so far for 2008, but most of my miles were on the bike with 45+ mpg.

4. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ya... there's just something that happens inside you when you see the gas pump numbers pass $100 and keep on going like it's a slot machine rolling for a 7-7-7.

What happens inside of me is "Hmm.. maybe I should bring this right back home and go pick the dog up from the kennel with the V6 car instead."

I'm not sure what the fuel consumption is yet but I think when I drive down the road with the windows up, the radio off and I listen closely I can actually hear the gas getting sucked through the fuel line...

5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I've got the almost exact same Suburban as yours and it hasnt left the driveway in 3 months because of fuel prices and I enjoy my 30+ mile commute on the bike (if it's not raining) .

6. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

honestly, dont want to add it up, but its been better after getting the beaters, 88 Z24 and the woman has a 99 breeze( this spring to be replaced by a CTS-V:party:) the burban only leaves for trips and to take the two dogs somewhere.

7. Calbaby968

Calbaby968 Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm not sure about how many gallons I go through or would go through over the course of the year. I only put on about 30 miles a week on the truck in Jan and Feb. March I hopped on the bike and went to my parents house in Daytona Beach,FL. When I came back, it's nothing but bike unless it's raining out. I have a heated suit that I can't wait to try out in the winter if gas prices are up at $4 again. However, my truck does get anywhere from 15 to 20 mpg unless I'm running late for my 31 mile drive to work. Then I have to stop half way to fill it back up. Hahah.

8. zach45

zach45 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

had my truck i thin k maybe 4 months and my D?Ic shows 320 used but i reset it after about 100 or so...
    ughhhh