What's your fuel consumption?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by ChevyFan, Aug 29, 2008.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

We've got other threads like this, but how much fuel do you think you go through in a year?

I just figured it out, and my Fuel consumption for 2008 is probably going to be about 900 gallons of gasoline.

I drive 35 miles to work each way, 3 to 4 days per week. I then drive around town a bit each day and will take an occasional trip somewhere in the region.

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

For just the pickup, I use aprox. 1500 gal.. If you include the motor home, add another 1500 gal. Thanks, now I'm depressed!

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I used roughly 750 gals of fuel so far for 2008, but most of my miles were on the bike with 45+ mpg.

4. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ya... there's just something that happens inside you when you see the gas pump numbers pass $100 and keep on going like it's a slot machine rolling for a 7-7-7.

What happens inside of me is "Hmm.. maybe I should bring this right back home and go pick the dog up from the kennel with the V6 car instead."

I'm not sure what the fuel consumption is yet but I think when I drive down the road with the windows up, the radio off and I listen closely I can actually hear the gas getting sucked through the fuel line...

5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I've got the almost exact same Suburban as yours and it hasnt left the driveway in 3 months because of fuel prices and I enjoy my 30+ mile commute on the bike (if it's not raining) .

6. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

honestly, dont want to add it up, but its been better after getting the beaters, 88 Z24 and the woman has a 99 breeze( this spring to be replaced by a CTS-V:party:) the burban only leaves for trips and to take the two dogs somewhere.

7. Calbaby968

Calbaby968 Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm not sure about how many gallons I go through or would go through over the course of the year. I only put on about 30 miles a week on the truck in Jan and Feb. March I hopped on the bike and went to my parents house in Daytona Beach,FL. When I came back, it's nothing but bike unless it's raining out. I have a heated suit that I can't wait to try out in the winter if gas prices are up at $4 again. However, my truck does get anywhere from 15 to 20 mpg unless I'm running late for my 31 mile drive to work. Then I have to stop half way to fill it back up. Hahah.

8. zach45

zach45 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

had my truck i thin k maybe 4 months and my D?Ic shows 320 used but i reset it after about 100 or so...
    ughhhh