1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What's your internet bandwidth?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jan 20, 2014.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

We have crap internet at the apartments by my school. The school internet is really fast tho. We are forced to use only wifi so the internet is really slow sometimes because the routers aren't built for the traffic levels they see. I wish they gave use an Ethernet option so I could hook my gaming laptop directly to the internet and not kill every ones internet when watching youtube. My laptop has the ability to take over a quarter of the network bandwidth when doing taxing things like downloading files and watching HD video.

[​IMG]

2. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

And here I thought I was bad by putting packet sniffers on my colleges routers.

3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I just have an ASUS G-series laptop it has an advanced wifi antenna that automatically forces the network to give it additional bandwidth when needed, but when I'm not doing something intensive I barely see dial-up speeds. My current network speed well just browsing is about 50 Kbps with only 0-1% network use. When on youtube its about 2-4 Mbps but with about 25% use of the network. My roommates always know when I'm downloading because they can't game and their videos don't load.

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Wow! When did you guys start speaking German around here?? :neutral::lol:

5. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Freitag!!! Ich spreche ein bisschen deutsch!

6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Well shoot, this was faster than I thought it was. This is at work (at a school). I will do it at home later but its usually about 20mb/s download and dont remember upload.
    [​IMG]

7. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

[MENTION=26043]dsfloyd[/MENTION] You don't usually see faster UL than DL. Impressive!

8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That's an impressive pipe.

9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

[​IMG]

this is with Cox. done at 5pm tho. probably better at off peak hours.

Alex

10. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I was thinking the same thing.