1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's your internet bandwidth?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

712884971.png
    This is the speed I see at the campus.
  2. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

[​IMG]

I know what you mean about peak hours.

and its pretty sad my home internet is faster than my works internet. however, my work has about 400 iMacs all logging in at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

[​IMG]

and now nobody is on the line here at work.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  3. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Here's my performance at work. Pretty lopsided if you ask me - lots of DL and not much UL.

[​IMG]
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Thanks for the offer, I called in to let them know that I had intermittent connection problems and the guy came out said that we might be too close to the neighborhood node, about 300 feet, so he switched the house from coax to cat-5 and added a filter that ads about 1000 feet on to the line.

That might sound weird, but he said there can be problems from being too close, and essentially we're the first house in the neighboorhood of about 500 houses, so who knows?

Looks like it's running a tough faster and hopefully it won't go down anymore.

[​IMG]
  5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts

I will need to revise my previous work speed as they are upgrading on 3/24. They will be going from the current 100Mbps to 250Mbps.
  6. 85SawK10

85SawK10 New Member

It is kinda like a gas air mix if your too close to the node your getting to much gas to far away not enough gas and too much air. That's why they had to "pad" your signal to balance it.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  7. Brandon1

Brandon1 New Member

I currently live in Europe and here I have a super cheap and super fast internet. I pay less then 30$ internet and tv included and my bandwidth for downloading is 100mb/s. You online gamers should think abut moving your pc, to a different state.
  8. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts

After 8 years of fighting with the DSL people and 2.4 down/.260 up, I FINALLY got Charter Cable with a Static IP and the following speed:

[​IMG]