1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's your MPG?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by ChevyFan, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rwhitbeck

rwhitbeck Rockstar

I would much rather have the 32 MPG than win a race...can you haul a trailer...that would be my only issue.
  2. singleshot54

singleshot54 New Member

I've been tracking my mileage since I bought my truck, it is a 2003 Silverado, 2500 HD 4x4 with the 6.0 L engine. I've got 57K miles and I get an average of 15.3 MPG, this includes city, highway, and towing my ATVs.

All I've done is add KnN air system and a cat back exhaust (Flowmaster). Any ideas on what else can be done would be appreciated!

Jack in El Paso
    ----- ***** -----
    SFC, USA (Ret, 1971-93)
    Life member NRA (1967)
    Life member TSRA (1990)
    Member USPSA (1990)
    NROI Range Officer (1991)
    A. F. & A. M. TX Ldg 1393
  3. rwhitbeck

rwhitbeck Rockstar

Hey, Jack...I'm not super familiar with that vehicle, but if it uses a throttle body injection, I have heard some people say that a spacer has helped their mileage.

On a side note, I see that you were Army...me too! I did not do as many years as you probably did (only 5), but they were by far some of the proudest years of my life! Nice to meet you!
  4. Westxsrt10

Westxsrt10 New Member

1500 miles on the tahoe so far..easy driving too 15MPG not great for a 5.3
  5. Raydar

Raydar New Member

With My Sonoma (4.3, 4L60, 3.42 FDR; aka the Pewter Pig) I get about 18-19 mpg in my typical routine. Long trips (~75-80 MPH, all interstate) will get me 22-23.
  6. 97Tahoe

97Tahoe New Member

I also have been checking my mileage since I've been driving (mid 70's).
    97 Tahoe 16 mpg
    97 Grand Am 4 Banger 31 mpg
    02 Sonoma 20 mpg
    07 Impala 25 mpg
    My 04 Impala got 30 mpg looks like I should have kept that one.
  7. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm still around 16/17 I don't drive it much. So its not a huge concern for me. I certainly do feel for those of us on here that commute to work though. There has got to be a way to straighten out Big oil companys beside devine intervention! Has gas ever fluctuated this ridiculously in the past. I can't seem to ever remember it being this unstable...
  8. maxumpower

maxumpower Rockstar

It can pull small trailers all day. It towed a double axle car trailer (empty) on a three and a half hour drive to pick up the 1991 blazer. I knew it wouldn't tow the blazer so it got to ride on the trailer back home.
  9. sfowler

sfowler New Member

Mpg

I had to get rid of my Trailblazer the cost of keeping it running was getting to much. I did go out and buy a new Tundra and I'm getting 20 to 21 mpg with it very happy with the new truck.
  10. dbledsoe

dbledsoe New Member

Mileage

My 94 K1500 Suburban gets about 15, and has been pretty steady since new. Now has 229,000 miles.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.