Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What's your oil change cost?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Mar 27, 2005.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

What does it cost you to get your oil changed? Do you go to a dealer or a quickie place?

I've been getting my oil changed at a full-service car wash called Paisley's in South Arlington, Texas. They charge the same for oil/filter/lube that the other places like Jiffy Lube charge, BUT they give a free carwash, and that worth like $15. They vacuum out everything until it's clean. They wash all of the windows, the mirrors and even the rear-view mirror. And they even spray a very nice scent on the interior and it comes out smelling and looking great! Then they hand-dry the car and polish it up so that it looks great.

That costs me about $33 after tax for oil/filter/lub and a full-service car wash. I get the Trailblazer done there and my wife's little Caviliar there too. My mother-in-law's Malibu will be the next to go there.

2. frito

frito New Member

RE: What

Jiffy lube for me. about $30. They're supposed to "vacuum", but they barely pass it over the carpet at all. Most of the time they forget to do the windows too.

3. Jimmy4X4

Jimmy4X4 New Member

That doesn't sound like a bad deal. Getting a good oil change and a car wash and a vacuum for anything under $50 is a good deal.

I used to change my own oil, but I'm afraid about voding the warranty if I lose the receipts, etc. So I go pay about $20 to a shop that I have to schedule an appointment with.

4. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

$30 at a jiffy lube type place in town. I would love to have a full service place like that around me...nothing though.

5. asstda2b

asstda2b Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

My father owns a place so I just pay for oil, but last time I took it to the dealer and they have a special...If you get your oil changed between 9:00 p.m. and midnight it is 15.00 dollars. not bad at all and our dealership, you always get a free car wash.

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow, that's a good deal. I guess you get the level of service that you pay for. For me, time is $$, so I need to save time so that I can make money by working and doing projects, etc.

7. ChriSS

ChriSS New Member

We only have 1k miles (in 3 weeks!), so I don't know yet. We plan on taking it to a dealer so we can save all of the records.