1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's your opinion about body lifts?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 2011laserblue, Mar 23, 2013.

1. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Oh I forgot the new trucks have the 6 speed, mine does not. Okay I am probably wrong, sorry for the wrong info.....
  2. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I wouldn't say wrong...because you're right if you didn't have the 6 spd then you'd definitely want lower!
  3. James4012

James4012 Member

4 inch body lift on my truck. Lets just say it rolls like a tank and is a rough rider. But as long as it's jacked up, honestly I don't care how any chevy truck rides, just as long as it looks mean. But coming from a truck had that a suspension lift, to one with a body lift. You can really tell the difference. I go down a dirt road for half a hour and my back is itching like crazy from the bouncing and rubbing up and down on the seat. Probably won't change it though, just throw a suspension lift in their to one day.
  4. Donaldnn

Donaldnn New Member

Well I have also seen, whole body screws damaged while the truck was being used off street due to the improved pressure on the screws. Your truck looks great as it is which is another purpose, why i would hold out and do it right.
  5. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 Rockstar 100 Posts

I did a 2" level on 1.5" body and like it. It doesn't sway as much as my brother's 3" body lift but gives me a little more clearance for the tires. I have no complaints. I still tow the same hay trailers through the fields as before without issues. If you get the rear wheel well fillers you can't even tell it was body lifted. I did raise the nerf bars the 1.5" difference so it hides the frame.

[​IMG]
  6. cain73

cain73 Rockstar

Looks good ! I have a 2 1/2 level kit with 3 " rear block and was thinking of adding a 1 1/2 " body lift just to give it a little more lift. What size tires are you running ?

7. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 Rockstar 100 Posts

285/70R17. I may bumped up to 305/55R20 with the next wheel change.