1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

wheel and backspacing question

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by bacol14, Jun 7, 2010.

1. bacol14

bacol14 New Member

i just ordered a fabtech 6 inch lift and bf goodrich all terrain (315-70 r17) for my 2005 silverado 1500

Right now I have 17in x 9in cragar soft 8's that have a backspacing of 4.5 inches.

I understand the recommended backspacing for a fabtech lift is 4 5/8 inches but I am wondering if this wheel is suitable for this sized tire. If possible I would just like to keep my current wheel. I checked the wheel/tire guide on this forum but there is nothing for this sized tire.

any help would be awesome
  2. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

you should be fine my buddy just finish doing a nnbs style in his shop a couple of weeks ago and was runing the same tire on his stock 17's they had to instal a wheel spacer to push the wheel out so it wouldnt hit the nuckle. but since you already got the 4.5 back space yuou should clear
  3. bacol14

bacol14 New Member

Thanks a lot man!
  4. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

no problem