1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Wheel Backspacing?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ntbush83, Oct 7, 2010.

1. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I've always been a bit confused on the back spacing and offset on wheels. I'm looking at getting some 20x10 wheels and not sure what offset the wheels should be. I'm planning on putting on a 325/60/20 tire if that makes a difference. Anyone know much about this?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

3. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thanks that did answer all my questions! That was a freakin sweet diagram

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Backspace and Offset are tied together
    Measuring Wheel Offset To calculate offset you'll need the following measurements:
    .......Wheel backspace Wheel Width Wheel Center line (outboard flange to inboard flange measurement.

......Wheel center line from Wheel backspace to get offset......If backspace is less than the wheel center-line the offset is negative....If backspace is greater than the wheel center-line the offset is positive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the Below Link.....On the Left Side,you want to enter your Rim and Tire Size you have on your truck Now......and then on the Right Side enter your Rim and Tire Size,
    It will show you the difference from your Stock Rim & Tire Set-up,to the Rim & tire set-up you want to put on,

http://www.rimsntires.com/rt_specs.jsp

Edit....Sorry Stephan,While I Was writing-up my reply....you had replied,did not mean to do that.....:glasses:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  5. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I saw that same article in a Super Chevy mag about 6 years ago, but loaned it to my friend & never got it back so was happy to find it here at GMTC.:great:

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

No Worries Heartbeat
    I am such a slow typer that many times there are 2 or 3 posts appear while I am typing my answer.:lol:

[/FONT][/QUOTE]