1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Wheel Bearings brands.--02 sierra

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 89steveo50, Mar 5, 2014.

1. 89steveo50

89steveo50 Rockstar

I have a 5.3 v8 sierra and one of my wheel bearings is starting to go out. I drive my vehicle pretty hard around corners and what not and im Looking for a very durable wheel bearing. I'm trying to avoid the local vendors on wheel bearings such as napa and o'reillys.

Do you guys know of a brand that can take some good abuse and is very durable. Need suggestions!!
    Thanks!

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

moog or timken are the brands I always go with

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

GM used some CHEAP China Bearings for a few years Moog is always good to go with

4. vernons

vernons New Member

i have an 01 silverado and we replaced the front bearing/hub assemblies last yr... my research determined timken was the way to go... and if you want to save a lot of your cash?? go to amazon and you should be able to find the timken's for it... great prices and free shipping... love amazon almost as much as ebay...

5. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Same here. I have a 2001 Silverado and I replaced my front bearing/hubs last year as well. I went with Moogs, though. No complaints so far but I have only had them about six months.