1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

wheel bearings

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by bacol14, Aug 3, 2010.

1. bacol14

bacol14 New Member

my 2005 Silverado needs new wheel bearings... or so I am told.

My ABS light has come on within a month and a half of installing a suspension lift.

The computer at my friends shop gave me a code for the front sensor.

How do I find out if the sensors have just gone bad or if I do in fact need new wheel bearings.

Also what are a good affordable set of wheel bearings to buy if I end up needing some.

Thanks dudes
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Check to see if the ABS line is rubbing and worn threw. We saw this alot with lifted trucks because with most lift kits you have to move the ABS lines and some people don't tie/strap them down correctly and they move when you turn your front wheels/tires and end up rubbing on the tire. If one of the lines is worn threw than theres you problem.
  3. bacol14

bacol14 New Member

thanks I will looks through it and get back to you
  4. bacol14

bacol14 New Member

decided to just replace both front wheel bearings. they are both no good.

Doing it myself tomorrow

If anyone has performed this operation and has any sort of advice before I get into it please let me know!

thanks again guys!

Also... would it be helpful to take pictures and post the procedure or is this an easy install?
  5. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

I'm sorry to not have gotten this to this post earlier. I just went through find kinda the same part you needed and got them very inexpensively.

As for the pictures and procedure...the How-To Section could always use good write-ups and if you are so inclined I'm sure it would benefit others that are wanting / will want to do the very same thing you're about to do and will give them an idea of what is ahead of them.
  6. wallstetter

wallstetter New Member ROTM Winner

hey springthing u said u know where to get cheap wheel bearings?! im going to replace mine on my 04 GMC and kinda straped for cash so the cheaper the better!!
    thanks for any help you can give me
  7. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

Check your private messages. :)