Wheel Fitment...

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by novaman64, Mar 18, 2009.

1. novaman64

novaman64 Member

I have a 2006 Silverado 1500 that I bought as a pre-owned from a Chevy dealership. The original owner had it custom ordered, as it has some wierd options, for instance no power seats but steering wheel stereo controls. It has a Z71 package (badging, locker & shocks, but no fog lights). Also, has a manual transfer instead of a push button for the 4 wheel drive.

Anyways, when I went to do the front brakes I picked up rotors and pads, when I was putting them on I noticed the ones I bought were way smaller, apparently there was an option (which my truck has) for 13" rotor, and yes its a 6 lug. To the best of my knowledge 2500's use a 12.75" rotor and a standard 1500 uses a 12" rotor. With all that being said its time to replace my tires, since I am going to be shelling out $$$ for tires I figured I would go with a new set of rims as well. I am wanting to go a 265/75R16 as 16" tires are cheaper and I want a little more sidewall for when I go offroad, as well as a bit smoother of a ride. does anybbody know if a 16" rim will clear these brakes? The stock 17"s look like they are pretty close....

The rims I am interested in are the KMC Enduro's, 6x5.5 bolt pattern, 16x6 rim, 4.5" backspacing...

2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

my guess is the 16's should fit over the brakes. see if you can find a 16" rim and test fit it