1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wheel Fitment...

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by novaman64, Mar 18, 2009.

1. novaman64

novaman64 New Member

I have a 2006 Silverado 1500 that I bought as a pre-owned from a Chevy dealership. The original owner had it custom ordered, as it has some wierd options, for instance no power seats but steering wheel stereo controls. It has a Z71 package (badging, locker & shocks, but no fog lights). Also, has a manual transfer instead of a push button for the 4 wheel drive.

Anyways, when I went to do the front brakes I picked up rotors and pads, when I was putting them on I noticed the ones I bought were way smaller, apparently there was an option (which my truck has) for 13" rotor, and yes its a 6 lug. To the best of my knowledge 2500's use a 12.75" rotor and a standard 1500 uses a 12" rotor. With all that being said its time to replace my tires, since I am going to be shelling out $$$ for tires I figured I would go with a new set of rims as well. I am wanting to go a 265/75R16 as 16" tires are cheaper and I want a little more sidewall for when I go offroad, as well as a bit smoother of a ride. does anybbody know if a 16" rim will clear these brakes? The stock 17"s look like they are pretty close....

The rims I am interested in are the KMC Enduro's, 6x5.5 bolt pattern, 16x6 rim, 4.5" backspacing...
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts

my guess is the 16's should fit over the brakes. see if you can find a 16" rim and test fit it