1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wheel help

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Jriv35, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Jriv35

Jriv35 New Member

I need a set of black wheels for a 03 s10 4wd. I want to run DISCOVERER STT 30X9.50R15LT tires on them. I basically need to know what wheels will fit my truck.
  2. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

Try tirerack.com to see what fits with what tire, until someone else offers direct advice. :)
  3. Jriv35

Jriv35 New Member

I'm Not worried about the tire fitting the wheel as much as I'm worried about the tire fitting the truck. I dont really understand the backspacing and offset thing much. I know I'm going to need 15x7 or 15x8 and that the bolt pattern is 5on4.75 what size offset will i need to fit my truck??
  4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

5. Jriv35

Jriv35 New Member

Thanks for the link I'm going to give him a call sometime this week. But what i meant to say is that I'm worried more about the wheel fitting the the truck. I wanted a pair of good steel black off road rims like some 15x8 rock crawlers because the stock aluminum ones I have now are not holding up to well.l
  6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I see what you mean. I have the Crager soft 8 of my jeep, which is pretty much the same as a rock crawler just with round holes rather than a D-window. Get them with a 4.5" or so backspace and you will be fine. you will be fine with a 15x7 or 15x8 also
  7. Jriv35

Jriv35 New Member

Sweet. Thanks for the help I appreciate it.
  8. Jriv35

Jriv35 New Member

So now that I found exactly which wheels and tires I'm getting I just need a recommendation from which websites to get them.

I found the tires at www.discount-tires-2go.com for $130 which I have no problem paying its a pretty good price compared to others. I was just going to see if I can find them cheaper somewhere I can get 31's instead. I found the wheels at www.4wheelparts.com for 60$ each which is fine by me.
  9. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member 1000 Posts

which wheels are you getting? Last I checked Cragar soft 8's were like $45 a piece from summit...:neutral:
  10. Jriv35

Jriv35 New Member

15x8 rock crawlers for 60$ but there is no shipping on them.

Found a nice set of D window Cragars on summit for 45$ each the shipping and handling is like 11$ but they come out cheaper then the rock crawlers. And does the backspacing really matter?I found the soft 8 for cheap but they dont have 4.5 backspacing only 4.25
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2009