Wheel help

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Jriv35, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Jriv35

Jriv35 New Member

I need a set of black wheels for a 03 s10 4wd. I want to run DISCOVERER STT 30X9.50R15LT tires on them. I basically need to know what wheels will fit my truck.

2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Try tirerack.com to see what fits with what tire, until someone else offers direct advice. :)

3. Jriv35

Jriv35 New Member

I'm Not worried about the tire fitting the wheel as much as I'm worried about the tire fitting the truck. I dont really understand the backspacing and offset thing much. I know I'm going to need 15x7 or 15x8 and that the bolt pattern is 5on4.75 what size offset will i need to fit my truck??

4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

you san fit the tires fine, my brother in law had 30x9.5 o his 03 4x4 S-10 and they fit great. speaking of STT's i saw these today and you are in jersey as well. hopefully you can talk him down a little also.

http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/pts/1117244177.html

5. Jriv35

Jriv35 New Member

Thanks for the link I'm going to give him a call sometime this week. But what i meant to say is that I'm worried more about the wheel fitting the the truck. I wanted a pair of good steel black off road rims like some 15x8 rock crawlers because the stock aluminum ones I have now are not holding up to well.l

6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I see what you mean. I have the Crager soft 8 of my jeep, which is pretty much the same as a rock crawler just with round holes rather than a D-window. Get them with a 4.5" or so backspace and you will be fine. you will be fine with a 15x7 or 15x8 also

7. Jriv35

Jriv35 New Member

Sweet. Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

8. Jriv35

Jriv35 New Member

So now that I found exactly which wheels and tires I'm getting I just need a recommendation from which websites to get them.

I found the tires at www.discount-tires-2go.com for $130 which I have no problem paying its a pretty good price compared to others. I was just going to see if I can find them cheaper somewhere I can get 31's instead. I found the wheels at www.4wheelparts.com for 60$ each which is fine by me.

9. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

which wheels are you getting? Last I checked Cragar soft 8's were like $45 a piece from summit...:neutral:

10. Jriv35

Jriv35 New Member

15x8 rock crawlers for 60$ but there is no shipping on them.

Found a nice set of D window Cragars on summit for 45$ each the shipping and handling is like 11$ but they come out cheaper then the rock crawlers. And does the backspacing really matter?I found the soft 8 for cheap but they dont have 4.5 backspacing only 4.25

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009