1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wheel Help!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by aclark58, Aug 15, 2009.

1. aclark58

aclark58 New Member

Would like to place 2009 6 lug Silverado wheels on 1997 silverado that is 5 lug hub. So what will it take to do this . Thanks for the help.
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! The only way I can figure to do what you want is to replace your five lug spindles and rear end with the six lug versions from a 2000 or newer 2 WD. There may be some type of spacer or adapter, but I've never heard of it. Good luck!
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

replacing your 5 lug hubs with 6 lug hubs, which would take way more work than is warranted for a set of wheels.
    I recommend you find a set of correct spaced 5 lug wheels you like and forget about the 6 lug wheels.
    This project would take a decent chunk of money and lots of work to accomplish, are the wheels worth that much to you?