Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

wheel help....

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by DSpivey, Feb 18, 2010.

1. DSpivey

DSpivey Rockstar 100 Posts

I know this is commonly asked but im just curious guys, how big is a 275/55/20 tire in inches? im trying to decide how big i need to go on my 20" rims. thanks

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  2. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

275mm wide, 275 divided by 25 = 11 inches WIDE, and then 55% of 11 inches, 6.05 Sidewall height, and there' two sidewalls, the top, and the bottom, so there's 12.1 inches of rubber on top of the 20 inches of rim, so those tires are around 32.1" tall. Hope that helps!

3. DSpivey

DSpivey Rockstar 100 Posts

haha yea man it does.....i appreciate it. i think im gonna try to run a 305/55/20 with a 20x9 xd monster wheel. I just sold my rockstars b/c they were becoming too common around here and i wanted something a little bigger.

4. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

5. lsutoms

lsutoms Rockstar 100 Posts

31.9" diameter
    10.82" width