1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wheel hub bearings?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by poncho62, Nov 2, 2013.

1. poncho62

poncho62 Member

Did about 150 miles with the truck today, was making some strange noises, I figure its a wheel bearing.
    Usually when I have had a hub go bad in my other vehicles, there is a roaring sound or the ABS light comes on etc. Today, none of that but it made a clunky, grindy sound every few miles, just for a second or two. When I got home, I jacked it up and there is play in the hub, so I figure thats where the noise was coming from. Never had one sound like this before.....Any comments?...Anyone had this happen this way to them?

97 GMC 1500 4x4
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I know that on the newer trucks like 02-09 GM went Cheap AGAIN!! and went to China for the bearings and a lot of them had to be replaced.. I got both of mine done under Warr before 100K