Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Wheel Offset for 06 Silverado

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by nstaricha, May 12, 2009.

1. nstaricha

nstaricha New Member

Ughhh....I am getting super frustrated with trying to understand wheels! :confused: Does anyone know what the wheel offset is on a stock 06 silverado? I was looking at upgrading wheels and wanted to mak sure that the new wheels dont stick out past the wheel wells. The rims are 24x10 and come with either a +15 or +30 offset. Can anyone help me figure out if these wheels will end up up sticking out past the wheel wells or not?

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The Offset on Chevy Alloy Rims,is +31,Is your Truck 2wd or 4wd?,Have you done any Suspension Mods,and What is the Backspacing on your New Rims? and last what Size Tires are you wanting to put on your New Rims?

Here is a link that can help,
    http://www.bigcustomwheels.com/rt_specs.jsp

3. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

what kind of wheels are you gettin?

4. nstaricha

nstaricha New Member

I was planning on getting the 'mag' model rim made by ICCE. Image attached.

-My truck is 2wd, no suspension mods that I am aware of
    -No clue what the backspacing is on the wheels
    -I was planning on running 305/35/24 for tires

Attached Files:

5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

As far height goes that tire might be a little tall for a 2wd (32.4") and the width might be a problem, so long as you have the right wheel offset, I would recommend no less than 30mm. But on the downside, with a 10" rim it's going to stick out past the fender and will probably rub when you turn the wheel. Check out my gallery to give you an idea of fitment, I'm running 305/50/20 on 20x8.5 with 31mm offset. Also I wouldn't recommend 24" rims because it cuts down on the tires profile and will make the truck ride terrible, I wouldn't go any bigger than 22" but to each his own.

Last edited: May 13, 2009