1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

wheel placement

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by coombia21, Sep 20, 2009.

1. coombia21

coombia21 Rockstar 100 Posts

On my 2005 silverado 1500 4x4 my passenger side wheel and tire is an inch farther away from the back of the fender than the driver side
    what can i do to fix this and how would this be caused
    i cant get my new tires until i fix this because they wont fit until i fix this so please help
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Front or back? Are you sure the steering wheel is straight?
  3. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

my truck is the same way - but the passenger side sticks out farther. You'd never notice it on my truck with stock wheels - even with the larger tires. when i put my new wheels on (not with ideal offset and backspacing), the other 3 are very close to flush with the fenders, while the right rear is almost exactly flush - sticking out just that little bit more. it doesnt bother me personally though because mine is only maybe 1/4 to 3/8" difference.
  4. coombia21

coombia21 Rockstar 100 Posts

the wheels dont stick out farther one is closer the the front bumper than the other
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That's what I thought you meant. Bumper might be on crooked. Mine is, never bother to fix it.
  6. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i guess i misread the post then... like said above, it might be your bumper. if not, i think something being that far out would cause serious driveability issues.