wheel Size question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by TimTom64b, May 9, 2012.

1. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

I am looking to upgrade my wheels/rims on my 2009 Silverado 2500 HD 4x4. Currently not lifted but levele. Everything I like is 17x9 with 285x65x17. when I spec out the rims on tire rack... there is a note that the rims(Dick Cepek GM7) are an agressive fitment and will require a lift. Is anyone running this size on a stock suspension? Is the issue with the rims rubbing on the suspension or something? I really like these rims... I may just have to purchase them and try them... if they do not fit then I can wait unti I lift it.

2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I think what it would come down to is the rim's backspace and offset. If it is the same as a 17" stock rim, then the entire set up should fit. For comparison purposes, I had 2.25" leveling kit and 33s (295/17/70s) fit without any rubbing. The tire size you mention above is about 31.5" and less wide than mine, so you may even have room to spare. I realize that every vehicle is different but this should get you in the ball park.

3. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

Thanks for the info... I spoke with tirerack and they said a leveling kit would get me by. I have already cranked up my torsion bars so maybe this will get me by. Anyway I ordered them and they are on their way.... Look out king of trucks here we come...:)