1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

wheel Size question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by TimTom64b, May 9, 2012.

1. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member ROTM Winner

I am looking to upgrade my wheels/rims on my 2009 Silverado 2500 HD 4x4. Currently not lifted but levele. Everything I like is 17x9 with 285x65x17. when I spec out the rims on tire rack... there is a note that the rims(Dick Cepek GM7) are an agressive fitment and will require a lift. Is anyone running this size on a stock suspension? Is the issue with the rims rubbing on the suspension or something? I really like these rims... I may just have to purchase them and try them... if they do not fit then I can wait unti I lift it.
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think what it would come down to is the rim's backspace and offset. If it is the same as a 17" stock rim, then the entire set up should fit. For comparison purposes, I had 2.25" leveling kit and 33s (295/17/70s) fit without any rubbing. The tire size you mention above is about 31.5" and less wide than mine, so you may even have room to spare. I realize that every vehicle is different but this should get you in the ball park.
  3. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member ROTM Winner

Thanks for the info... I spoke with tirerack and they said a leveling kit would get me by. I have already cranked up my torsion bars so maybe this will get me by. Anyway I ordered them and they are on their way.... Look out king of trucks here we come...:)