Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Wheel Theft Deterrent System Issue

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by IUSA1, Nov 11, 2013.

1. IUSA1

IUSA1 New Member

I have a problem with the Wheel Theft Deterrent System on my 2011 Silverado 2500HD. When on it goes off for no reason at all. I understand different things can set it off, like wind, vibration and maybe even a loud noise. It suppose to go off if angle of truck is changed, like jacking it up or towing etc. It goes off consistently for no reason. I can't even use it, it goes off every time I set it for no reason. Anybody no of a fix? Anyone had an issue like this. Only thing I know to do is replace it. I think it was about a $150 option and it may still be under warranty. I think next time I'm at the Dealer I'll inquire about that but for now I'm wondering if anyone else had this kind of problem or maybe know a fix.

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Many aftermarket alarms have a sensitivity adjustment knob on the module. If you can locate the module you can just dial it down a little. I know that usually aftermarket alarms are set pretty high sensitivity wise in my area. This is because when thieves want your rims they just bring concrete blocks and some pieces of wood. They slide the block and wood tight under the control arms and rear axle. Then they just cut the valve stems off. The tires deflate and the truck sits on the blocks. There is very little tilting happening at this time so a high sensitivity is necessary to set off the alarm .

3. IUSA1

IUSA1 New Member

Thanks for the reply, I'll check it out tomorrow and see if I can find it.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  4. Pikey

I do not see the ads that are put into the threads, so I don't know what you are talking about. But, I believe that google randomly puts ads in place, many times they tailor them to recent google searches that were done from your computer. I know that whenever I am working on someone's vehicle and I google "dodge ram rotors" (or something of that sort) I will get ads in the side bar for dodge ram rotors for a few days. It would be disappointing to hear that you left the site due to a randomly placed advertisement. I can ask [MENTION=1]Steve[/MENTION] about how those ads work.

5. IUSA1

IUSA1 New Member

I don't know where the ad went but it was just under my original post. Anyway it's gone now. Thanks.

6. Pikey

Yea, like I said, I think that they show up randomly.