1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wheel/Tire Combo - It will fit, but how will it look/drive/feel?? Seeking Opinions

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Paquin, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Paquin

Paquin New Member

Hey guys,

I'm new to the site, avid long time Chevy fan. Finally making some good coin and bought myself a new 2013 Silverado. Looking to turn it into an Off-Road rig/daily driver in the Winter. Not looking to get too aggressive on wheels/tires yet but want to be able to enjoy some more adventerous offroading and not have the truck look like a piece of crap (stock rims/tires). Here is what I'm planning on doing, wanted to reach out to the club and see what you guys think regarding look/fit/feel of the setup I'm planning on rolling with.

My truck is a base model 2013 Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4X4 Work Truck. Only options are the 5.3L engine, heavy duty cooling, locking tailgate, and mud flaps. This baby is a classic, no power windows or locks! Planning on making it a dedicated offroad rig when it is paid off.

Here is the setup I want to put on:

ReadyLift 2.25" Leveling Kit
    4 X KMC XD Series 811 Rockstar II wheels - 18 X 9", 0mm offset
    4 X BF Goodrich All-Terrain KO - LT285/65R18

Let me know what you think!

Here is a pic of my rig from the summer. Probably going to remove the 4X4 logo, maybe replace with black Z71 Offroad logo. I remove my mud flaps for the summer and I've recently blacked out all my logos with Plasti Dip, put on a Magnaflow Offroad downturn exhaust, and added EGR Matte Black In-Channel wind vents and a EGR Matte Black hood deflector (awesome products, look awesome!):

20130803_172516.jpg 20130803_172914.jpg
  2. clgoch187

clgoch187 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Don't take this the wrong way here but I'm pretty tired of seeing rockstars on 3 outa 5 trucks I pass. That's just an option, and do want you want with your truck but I'm betting you want wheels to not only make your truck look nicer but stand out.... And these wheels have become so common that they no longer grab your attention. That beeing said many wheels look similar or are knock offs of another design so go with what you like over popular opinion.

And going with a wider wheel will give you more road noise and a. It rougher ride.
  3. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Build it like you want to! Enjoy.... Just some, nice step rails and tires will set it off! Check my garage......
  4. Paquin

Paquin New Member

Thanks for the comments.

clgoch - Appreciate the heads up. I haven't spotted a pair of these rims in my area (Toronto), perhaps they may be a little harder to get around here. Really all I'm looking for is a nice wide 5 spoke all black rim.

JimmyA - Nice tires, I may actually look at a few 305/60's. I like the look of those. Might have to watch the offset if I do that, I see you are running stockers. Are those -6mm offset? Any rubbing?
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

How much off road driving do you do? Sounds like you want a nice balance between functional on road and off road driving.
  6. Paquin

Paquin New Member

You nailed it. It's my daily driver in the winter (40km or 25 miles each way) and work truck in the summer, I commute in my Cadillac in the spring/summer/fall. I take it offroading around twice a month when I can. Not overly worried about road noise since my Offroad exhaust is deafening, more concerned with durability, a bit of fuel economy, and overall ice/dirt grip.
  7. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Stockers, offset? Stock! No rubbing Lock to Lock......