1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wheels and Tires

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by ChevyFan, Jul 21, 2005.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Do you have stock tires and wheels on your silverado? Or are you rolling with something different?

Maybe you just want to know about the PSI for your tires.

Post it in this area.
  2. Bowrider20

Bowrider20 New Member

I have a 2002 Silverado with 265/75 16 what is the next size up I can go without making any mods. Also does the on board computor need to be tweaked if I can go bigger.
  3. ChevyFan

How does it handle the bigger tires? Well?
  4. terry16120

terry16120 New Member

i have a 2000 silverado with these same size tires LT 265/75/16 they are the cheap yet effective uniroyal liberators (aka wal -mart specials) but i find they have a good ride and great tire wear this is the third truck i have put them on and they wear after about 75000 miles even though they are 40000 mile tires not the best off road even though they are supposedly all terrain tires
  5. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Member Platinum Contributor

It should handle just fine with those tires. GM has always provided a new stable front-end system system, much moreso than Ford ever did.
  6. poolguy20

poolguy20 New Member

Small upgrade

I have a 99 silverado Z71 and upgraded to a 285 series tire (equivalent of a 33"). They are BF Goodrich All Terrain TA's. I have put about 90,000 miles on them and expect them to last until the end of this summer. They are a little loud, but that's just an excuse to keep my music loud. The ride is good, and the speedometer seems to be just as accurate as with the stock tires. Any thing bigger than 285's will need some sort of suspension adjustment.
  7. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Member Platinum Contributor

Wow, 90,000 miles on them? That's incredible. What type of BFGs are they?
  8. poolguy20

poolguy20 New Member

All Terrain TA KO's 285 75 16's. They have a very aggresive tread, I would say it was over a inch deep when new. I drive 50,000 miles a year for work, and this May they will be 2 years old. I have every intention of putting the exact same tires back on, when I need new ones! The only drawback was the road noise. But its a truck, if I wanted a quiet vehicle I would have bought a malibu!

Go to this link to see the pic. http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/06/f7/autoTiresAllBF_Goodrich_All_Terrain_TA_KO-resized200.jpg
  9. ChevyFan

That's a good looking tire. I need to get some new rubber for my 2002 Trailblazer, I might give those a look to price them out.
  10. ChevyFan

... and it came stock with BFGs too, so it's keeping it with the same tire mfg.