1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

wheels confuse me help?!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by sparkmaster2013, Dec 27, 2013.

1. sparkmaster2013

sparkmaster2013 New Member

i am looking into getting aftermarket wheels and tires for my stock height 99 silverado. I have just a couple of questions about the rims, i have the tires all figured out. the wheels i am looking into getting are the KMC XD series addicts but there are two options one has a -12 offset and one has a +18 offset. which one would be better,i want something that sticks out just a tad but not to much. and will the 17x9 wheels fit properly, depending on the offset?
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

3. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

A negative offset will make the wheels/tires stick out. A -12 offset will make your wheels sitck out a bit more than you are looking for. I wouldn't go more than a -5 if only want them to stick out slightly.
  4. sparkmaster2013

just curious but about how far would a -12 stick out? inches wise? and would a +18 make it look to far into the wheel well?
  5. McClintoc

Difficult to tell. It depends on other dimensions of the wheel and what vehicle it is going on. Are you ordering these wheels on-line or at a tire shop?
  6. sparkmaster2013

well right now im looking at them online, a wheel tire package with toyo open country at2's but im probably going to my local shop and talk to them about it.
  7. McClintoc

Even if the wheels or tires aren't the exact ones you'll be buying, check and see if the local shop will test fit a wheel/tire combo that is the same size you are wanting to buy. Then you see how offset looks on your truck.