Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Wheels for 08 Silverado

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Rubicon500, May 24, 2010.

1. Rubicon500

Rubicon500 New Member

Hi All

I just picked up a 08 Silverado Crew Z71 in graystone metallic and So far.. the truck is awesome!!

I do think the truck needs some new wheels and tires though. I like the KMC XD Series Rockstar in black, 20 x 8.5. Can someone please confirm that they won't stick out past the stock wheel well?

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...o 1500 4wd&autoYear=2008&autoModClar=Crew Cab

I've noticed that many people seem to be buying Nitto Terra Grappler tires, but it seems Tirerack doesn't sell that brand. Since i'm in Canada, i would prefer to order everything from one place as it is sooo much cheaper than buying locally. Would any of these tires be comparable?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...oYear=2008&autoModClar=Crew Cab&skipOver=true

I don't have any plans to lift or level my truck.

Also, if anyone has these rims on their truck, please post some pics!!!!

Thanks!
    Ryan

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The Rims have a 6.14 Backspace and a +35mm offset.......Below is a Wheel Calculator.....Just enter your Rim Size and the backspace/offset and you will be able to see how they will fit.......you can also enter and find what size tires will work and fit,
    http://www.rimsntires.com/rt_specs.jsp

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  3. Corins

Corins Member

Just as a heads up, maybe you will have better luck then I did, but I'll mention it anyway. I went to order a set of Nitto Trail Grapplers and was told by the company in the US that I was trying to order them from that Nitto tells the companies it supplies with tires not to sell cross border. I either had to buy them in Canada or not at all, and with the price being $80 more per tire across the border I went with Toyo's instead.

So chances are even if tirerack did sell Nittos, you'd have to pick something else anyway.

4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would go with a BFGoodrich All Terrain instead. in my opinion and in my experiences they are better tires and will last a lot longer. Those rims shouldnt stick out much, but it also depends on your tire size as well.

5. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Not sure about the Nitto's as I have never owned a set. I have heard they wear rather quick and can be loud on the highway. As for the Rockstars... I love how they look; however, I think they are kinda played out.

6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Those wheels will fit inside the fenders with that offset. Factory offset is 31mm which is 4mm less, I have 20 x 8.5 factory wheels with 31mm offset and they fit even with the fenders. Her's a pic to show you how they fit. I know my truck is an '05 but fitment characteristics are the same.

[​IMG]