Wheels for 08 Silverado

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Rubicon500, May 24, 2010.

1. Rubicon500

Rubicon500 New Member

Hi All

I just picked up a 08 Silverado Crew Z71 in graystone metallic and So far.. the truck is awesome!!

I do think the truck needs some new wheels and tires though. I like the KMC XD Series Rockstar in black, 20 x 8.5. Can someone please confirm that they won't stick out past the stock wheel well?

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...o 1500 4wd&autoYear=2008&autoModClar=Crew Cab

I've noticed that many people seem to be buying Nitto Terra Grappler tires, but it seems Tirerack doesn't sell that brand. Since i'm in Canada, i would prefer to order everything from one place as it is sooo much cheaper than buying locally. Would any of these tires be comparable?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...oYear=2008&autoModClar=Crew Cab&skipOver=true

I don't have any plans to lift or level my truck.

Also, if anyone has these rims on their truck, please post some pics!!!!

Thanks!
    Ryan

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The Rims have a 6.14 Backspace and a +35mm offset.......Below is a Wheel Calculator.....Just enter your Rim Size and the backspace/offset and you will be able to see how they will fit.......you can also enter and find what size tires will work and fit,
    http://www.rimsntires.com/rt_specs.jsp

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  3. Corins

Corins Member

Just as a heads up, maybe you will have better luck then I did, but I'll mention it anyway. I went to order a set of Nitto Trail Grapplers and was told by the company in the US that I was trying to order them from that Nitto tells the companies it supplies with tires not to sell cross border. I either had to buy them in Canada or not at all, and with the price being $80 more per tire across the border I went with Toyo's instead.

So chances are even if tirerack did sell Nittos, you'd have to pick something else anyway.

4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would go with a BFGoodrich All Terrain instead. in my opinion and in my experiences they are better tires and will last a lot longer. Those rims shouldnt stick out much, but it also depends on your tire size as well.

5. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Not sure about the Nitto's as I have never owned a set. I have heard they wear rather quick and can be loud on the highway. As for the Rockstars... I love how they look; however, I think they are kinda played out.

6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Those wheels will fit inside the fenders with that offset. Factory offset is 31mm which is 4mm less, I have 20 x 8.5 factory wheels with 31mm offset and they fit even with the fenders. Her's a pic to show you how they fit. I know my truck is an '05 but fitment characteristics are the same.

[​IMG]